13 replies to this topic

#1 KingGuru OFFLINE  

KingGuru

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 05:49 AM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

Hi.

I don't want horror movies mixed up with the kits cartoons, though both are movies.

In Emby I have seperate sections, but when going to Kodi it mixes everything up in the Movie folder.

How to I avoid that?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157102 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 PM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:24 PM

Hi there, which Kodi add-on are you using for Emby?

#3 KingGuru OFFLINE  

KingGuru

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

Hi Luke.

Emby for Kodi is the one I took.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157102 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:29 AM

Are you sure Kodi supports multiple movie nodes? I seem to recall that it doesn't but i could be wrong.

#5 emdubya77 OFFLINE  

emdubya77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:06 AM

This is normal for Kodi - you would observe the same behaviour even without emby.

You would need to set up nodes based on genres or tags - the embuary skin will do this according to your emby libraries automatically.

Alternatively you could set up users on your emby server.

Edited by emdubya77, 27 March 2020 - 11:08 AM.

• uglymagoo likes this

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157102 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:17 AM

This is normal for Kodi - you would observe the same behaviour even without emby.

You would need to set up nodes based on genres or tags - the embuary skin will do this according to your emby libraries automatically.

Alternatively you could set up users on your emby server.

Thanks for confirming !

• emdubya77 likes this

#7 KingGuru OFFLINE  

KingGuru

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:48 PM

Well.. Partly correct. Without Emby I can add a folder and not mark it as movies. Even if I do that in Emby it detects that it's movies inside, and mix them up. 

The diffrent user is a bit to tidious for the rest of the family, so I'll prefer to keep it as one user. Unless you could do it password less, and switch between the adult and children account in an easy manor in Kodi. 

#8 emdubya77 OFFLINE  

emdubya77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:09 AM

Ok so the equivalent to that would be to change that library to "Home videos" on your server. You can then access it (and all your other emby libraries) via add-ons>>emby

Or just point your skin/favourites to the emby nodes anyway instead of the overall Movies node - that way you'll still get metadata, search etc on all your movies.

Edited by emdubya77, 28 March 2020 - 05:45 AM.

#9 KingGuru OFFLINE  

KingGuru

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:24 AM

Should I then have two Emby profiles, and can I have Kodi profile 1 logged into Emby profile 1 automatcally and Kodi profile 2 logged into Emby profile 2 as well. So when I switch users I don't need to do a relogin to Emby as well?

#10 emdubya77 OFFLINE  

emdubya77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:34 AM

That is another option, and would be useful if say, the kids watch unsupervised and you can't trust them to keep away from the grown-ups' films(!) - the disadvantage is that if you want to customise your home screen you need to do it twice.

The two suggestions I gave in post #8 are a solution to your original question, and do not require any profile switching.

Edited by emdubya77, 28 March 2020 - 11:54 AM.

#11 KingGuru OFFLINE  

KingGuru

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:19 PM

Hi Emdubya77

Finally got some time. Looks like it could work. I guess a few of the features will be gone.

#12 Riggs OFFLINE  

Riggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Local time: 10:49 PM

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:45 AM

I must disagree with the answer above, Kodi can already organize the content by nodes and use its path to do it without problem, what you must do is add the nodes from the sub menu.
What I mean is that each node can be assigned a folder with the path. Example: If you have a folder called "DRAMA" where all your "DRAMA" movies are, then in the sub menu section make a new one or collect one that you don't use and assign the node with the path where you have your movies. "drama" (applies to this example)
You can do the same with each folder that you assign to your personal categories and that way you avoid the mess that Kodi does with the categories.

The other solution applies to a pair of skins in Kodi that are already using a new plugin worked in Phyton3 called "script.skinshortcuts", it is in the Kodi repository, and it is already used by skins "Aeon Nox SiLVO" and "Unity". The advantage of this plugin is that it is configured once and works with the skin that has the plugin support.

With the method of nodes it is necessary to construct the sub menus for each skin separately.

Hope it helps. I was looking for what you ask for 2 months :D

Edit 1: If you want to use the node option, to avoid a blank when click any movie, go to settings/media and check the hierarchy option, in that way when you click you go directly to the movie.

In that way Kodi now can have the same functions of Emby and many more customization for views, styles and whatever. You can use the wall view, adjust the size of the wall view if you want an Emby kind of look. or use the lower or right list...etcetera

Edit 2: You don't need  any of the two Emby plugins for Kodi to do what I explain.

Edited by Handbrake, 02 April 2020 - 07:57 AM.

#13 KingGuru OFFLINE  

KingGuru

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:48 AM

Handbrake.

What do you mean when you say add from Sub menu. Have been looking at it, but not able to figure that one out.

When cloning submeny, it just adds the sub menu to the movie list

#14 Riggs OFFLINE  

Riggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Local time: 10:49 PM

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:32 PM

Handbrake.

What do you mean when you say add from Sub menu. Have been looking at it, but not able to figure that one out.

When cloning submeny, it just adds the sub menu to the movie list

In the skin menus settings

Here:

https://kodi.wiki/vi...:Skin_Shortcuts

https://forum.kodi.t....php?tid=178294

Edit: This skin have a tutorial in their wiki. https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier

Edited by Handbrake, 15 April 2020 - 04:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users