16 replies to this topic

#1 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:54 PM

As the title says I can't get Emby to stay online for more than a full day. At some point I find that Emby has crashed even though the icon and processes appear to be running. When this happens In 4.3 I can't do anything at that point except reboot the machine to get emby back. In the beta I have a little better luck in that I can often restart by closing out the menu bar icon. Ultimately though the main problem of not being able to stay online exists with both versions.

I removed any plugins that I installed post installation and a couple that come with Emby. I'm no longer seeing the plugin errors but the server errors persist.

I ran Emby on unraid for a few months when I was originally testing it and had zero issues. It was on for 60+ days and  never did anything but run. MacOS on the other hand has been the polar opposite experience and constant war. I was determined to make it work as I have the machine specifically to use for my media server (my unraid box is a file server). It's new and literally does nothing currently except run Plex (which I really want to stop).

It begs the question- am I fighting a losing battle with trying to get some stability with Emby on Mac? I know we're a small group here and other OS's have a lot more users so it makes sense that's where the priority is. At this point my only goal is stop banging my head against the wall as it's been incredibly frustrating.

I've attached my logs here. If there's anything else I can provide or do please let me know- any guidance or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot. 

PS- Also I started looking into running the windows code on Mac. My understanding is net core apps on Mac aren't easy like running mono but I would certainly dig into it if it was possible?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts
  • Local time: 03:12 AM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

Hi, server log?

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:43 PM

PS- Also I started looking into running the windows code on Mac. My understanding is net core apps on Mac aren't easy like running mono 

It's not like mono at all. You're running the same code, minus the windows-specific parts.

#4 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

Hi, server log?

sorry I guess I didnt attach it before. Server logs here

thanks

Attached Files

#5 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:06 PM

It's not like mono at all. You're running the same code, minus the windows-specific parts.

Right, thats why I asking. Wondering if anyone had done it but probably not. Ill do some research on running net core.

Edited by meatball, 26 March 2020 - 05:07 PM.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:10 PM

The .net core runtime is embedded into the package. there's not really much to research in terms of that.

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:11 PM

Try deleting this file to make all those startup errors go away:

2020-03-26 11:23:52.802 Error App: Error loading assembly /Users/damien/.config/emby-server/plugins/._Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll

I'll have the server ignore files starting with a dot in the plugins directory.

#8 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:14 PM

2020-03-26 11:23:52.802 Error App: Error loading assembly /Users/damien/.config/emby-server/plugins/._Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll

Done.

Do you think it's worth removing the Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll from the application itself or will that screw it up?

Either way it's removed from the config file and I'll see how that goes. Thanks again

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:07 PM

No, that's just one of those macos generated files that the server is picking up when it should ignore it.

#10 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:28 AM

No, that's just one of those macos generated files that the server is picking up when it should ignore it.

I’m speaking to the Emby.server.cinemamode.dll file in the Application contents itself (not hidden one the config).

It looks like that file is looking for the hidden config file but can’t find it ( bc I deleted it), according to the logs.

But if it’s not a big deal I’ll leave it, just wondering.

#11 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:57 PM

Still crashing after deleting /Users/damien/.config/emby-server/plugins/._Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll.

Atttached here

Attached Files

#12 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

Try removing the theme songs plugin, then restarting the server and see if that helps. thanks.

#13 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:58 PM

Ok removed tv theme songs. I’ll keep you posted thanks

#14 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:08 PM

Thanks.

#15 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:36 AM

I'm afraid to jinx it but I've gone 24 hours without a crash. Im still getting a ton of errors, but not many in regards to plugins (I am seeing a few for opensubs but not much).

This is the error that fills my logs and I get repeatedly throughout the day (full log attached). Do you know what causes this and is there something I can do on my end to remedy or attempt to test to fix it? I'm happy to be a guinea pig  even if it breaks it.

2020-04-01 17:00:21.850 Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.0.40
    Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Unix 19.4.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
    Processor count: 12
    Program data path: /Users/damien/.config/emby-server
    Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
    System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
     at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
     at System.Net.Security.SslStream.PartialFrameCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Net.Security.SslStream.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
     at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
     at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsServer(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
     at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.<AuthenticateAsServerAsync>b__68_2(IAsyncResult iar)
     at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.Init()
     at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpEndPointListener.ProcessAccept(SocketAsyncEventArgs args)
    Source: System.Net.Security
    TargetSite: Void StartReadFrame(Byte[], Int32, System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest)

Attached File  emby server 4_1.txt   1.35MB   1 downloadsI

https://gist.github....6fa48a7634d3704

Edited by meatball, 02 April 2020 - 02:50 AM.

#16 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:14 PM

Are you experiencing a problem?

#17 meatball OFFLINE  

meatball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:17 PM

You mean in addition to the crashing?

Edit- it hasn't actually crashed in two days so maybe continuing to run it with few/no plugins will keep it online. 

Edited by meatball, 02 April 2020 - 11:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macOS, crashing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users