Windows 10: Emby doesn't start

HansWurst

HansWurst

I have a problem starting Emby under Windows 10. It simply doesn't work.

I can download the setup.exe and execute it. Emby appears in the installed programs. But when starting it, it appears down in the task-bar but it does not start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi, you know that windows media center on windows 10 is not supported by Microsoft, right?

HansWurst

Yes of course, I installed it. It does not start. Emby appears in the Task bar (Task manager as "Electron") but the progam doesn't work. I checked it out on two Win10-machines.

• 3 weeks later...
Assasin_Zer0

Yes it is. Win 10 professional 64 bit.

I have the same issue

Win 10 64 bit fully updated.

Fresh install.

Emby starts only in the taskbar and can see a running process.

But nothing else shows up.

I had this issue a while back but if I clicked once and it didn't start, I could click again and it would start. Recently had to uninstall and reinstall Emby Theater for a different reason and now it works properly.  Try, just an uninstall and reinstall of Emby Theater and see if it auto fixes.

HansWurst

I had this issue a while back but if I clicked once and it didn't start, I could click again and it would start. Recently had to uninstall and reinstall Emby Theater for a different reason and now it works properly.  Try, just an uninstall and reinstall of Emby Theater and see if it auto fixes.

Tried this a several times. Doesn't work for me. I have three Win-10-machines running. On one it works on the other two it doesn't. Don't know why...

• 2 years later...
Just now, lowdough said:

I have the same problem with Windows 11.  

Hi there, can you please describe the issue that you're having? Thanks.