Advanced Member

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • Local time: 07:30 PM
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:25 AM

SERVER: 4.5.0.1 (WINDOWS 10)

ANDROID: 3.1.12 (Android 10)

For some reason, only 22 of my most recent photos are being uploaded.. This has been happening since a couple Emby Android releases ago after I completely wiped my camera upload directory to start fresh due to some issues, so I waited until now to upgrade to a newer version to see if this has been resolved and it has not been

The previous version (3.1.9) I was on did the same thing, however it did upgrade all of my videos. This release uploads none of my videos

Would you like some logs? if so from server or android

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 153190 posts
  • Local time: 10:30 PM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

Can you reproduce this with new photos?

#3 rechigo OFFLINE  

rechigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

Can you reproduce this with new photos?

OK, it does upload new photos, but old ones aren't uploaded... still doesnt explain why only a couple of my photos are uploaded. I wiped the library again today and tried again, this time it only uploaded 7 of my newest photos

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Edited by rechigo, 26 March 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#4 rechigo OFFLINE  

rechigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:51 PM

OKAY, I figured out what's going on here.

The app ONLY uploads content that it has not uploaded previously, regardless if it has been deleted from the filesystem or not. This must mean there is a file somewhere containing the "uploaded" files, right? 

I went to my data\devices folder, found my phone, saw camerauploads.json and deleted it, then reenabled camera uploading in the Android App.

It now detects all 4000 of my photos and videos and is uploading them as I am writing this.

I don't blame this one completely on Emby, I think it could handle detecting when files are deleted a bit better though, this drove me insane for weeks

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 153190 posts
  • Local time: 10:30 PM

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:34 PM

Correct yes, but we do need to add a button to clear the history so that they can all upload again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users