How to handle E4K & exported netflix/streaming titles

jachin99

jachin99

I would like to export some of the shows I keep up with on netflix to my kodi TV database however emby 4 kodi uses the the emby database to build my library of TV shows.  When I try to export shows with my current setup of E4K they aren't added to kodi's TV show database so I'm wondering if others have come across this problem and how they possibly solved it.  Thanks. 

LongMan

Use the strm files exported from Kodi to set up a library in Emby,  or add to an existing one, eiher s will work..

Import the library into Kodi using Emby for Kodi.

You should be able to play your Netflix items in the same way as any other libary item, except you will be streaming from Netflix instead of your server.

BTW, the same should be true for any of the Kodi addons that export strm files.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

LongMan

• 2 weeks later...
jachin99

This actually worked great for a while but on kodi 18.6, the exported netflix and amazon titles I added to my emby library won't play.  Clicking on a given TV show does nothing, not even an error message.  Are you experiencing any issues?

LongMan

No I am not. In fact I am watching Money Heist right now with no problem. Were any changes to your system lately?

jachin99

I'm not sure what I did. I know I updated Kodi to 18.6 and I updated a few plugins as well. I guess my next idea is to remove those libraries in emby and recreate them.