Hitting spacebar in Emby 4.4.0.40 Web will open settings

lolque

lolque

Hitting the spacebar in the emby web app will open the settings menu.

This happens even when a video is playing. Spacebar used to pause/unpause the video if one was playing.

Running Emby 4.4.0.40.

Browser is Chrome/80.0.3987.136

lolque

It does the same thing if I use app.emby.media to connect to my emby instance.

The only difference is it says Emby Web 4.4.0.43 at the bottom now.

Happy2Play

From where are you seeing this?  I don't get a setting with space bar anywhere I have selected.

Within a library it will appear to page down one page, then nothing.  And on itemdetails page it will start playing the item.

lolque

So I tried this using a few different browsers from the home screen.

Using Vivaldi (Chrome/80.0.3987.136), hitting space bar will always bring you to the settings page. No Video OSD shows up.

Using Edge 44.19041.1.0, hitting space bar will open the first media folder. No video OSD shows up.

Using Chrome Chrome/80.0.3987.149 on MacOS, hitting space bar will do different things depending on what UI element was last selected. If you last clicked a blank area it will scroll. If you last clicked a ... dropdown, hitting spacebar will reopen the dropdown. Hitting it again will select the first option (usually play) as if you had clicked it, which will start playing the video.

I tried the same thing while a video is playing.

Using Vivaldi (Chrome/80.0.3987.136), hitting space bar will always bring you to the settings page, closing the video OSD.

Using Edge 44.19041.1.0, hitting space bar will pause/unpause the video correctly. However if you click on the video (not the OSD) it will correctly pause/unpause the video, but will make spacebar stop working until you click on the OSD again or the OSD times out. There is another bug? where if you last clicked on fast forward, the "selection" will be stuck on fast forward and spacebar will now fast forward the video until the OSD times out.

Using Chrome Chrome/80.0.3987.149 on MacOS behaves the same as edge above.

lolque

If you're talking about the issue, the OSD comes up when the video is paused using space bar (on Edge/Chrome), which should be correct imho.

On Vivaldi it exits video playback all together and goes to the settings page.

If you're talking about the screenshot, it came up when I moved the mouse to take the screenshot to demonstrate what page I was on.

Edited by lolque

lolque

I should rename the topic to "Hitting space bar is does different things on every browser".

There's a few problems here.

1) For Vivaldi and Edge, hitting spacebar produces unexpected results on the home screen (see above for exact results). Chrome seems to have the most correct behavior, but it's not perfect.

2) Different browsers behave differently to spacebar. I got 3 different results with 3 different browsers and I have not gotten a response which one is the correct behavior or why it's inconsistent.

Vivaldi does seem to be behaving the worst (where hitting spacebar will open the settings page no matter where you are), but in either case it's not consistent between ANY browser, so it's hard to pin down if it's a browser specific issue, or it's a bug that manifests itself differently on each browser.

Edited by lolque

lolque

I tested spacebar behavior on https://app.emby.media and the behavior is the same.

For kicks I also tried spacebar behavior on Jellyfin and the behavior is consistent (and correct) on all 3 tested browsers (including Vivaldi), on both the home screen and during video playback.

Edited by lolque

Happy2Play

For me Firefox, Chrome, and New Edge have the exact same behavior, scrolling and play and pause (no settings screen from anywhere).  There is no need to compare the other guy as they are doing there own things correct or not, it has nothing to do with us.