Can't resume or fast forward

stevensp

Przemek

Hi, @SamES. Thanks for answer. First I noticed that problem when I try to resume only tv shows. Yesterday I try to resume movie and Emby app quit. Thanks for that tip but I will use Kodi. I will not copy every movie or series Everytime I want watch something.

regards.

SamES
1 hour ago, Przemek said:

Hi, @SamES. Thanks for answer. First I noticed that problem when I try to resume only tv shows. Yesterday I try to resume movie and Emby app quit. Thanks for that tip but I will use Kodi. I will not copy every movie or series Everytime I want watch something.

regards.

Before you do that it would be good if you could confirm for us the details of your issue so that we can assist. I am only guessing at your problem as you haven’t really provided much information.   The problem I have described is relatively  rare but it does happen. If you have the problem on lots of files then there may be an issue with the way these are being created which we can also assist with. We’re here to help but the help can only be as good as the information you provide to us. 

Przemek

Hi, @SamES. Today I want to check how it's working and both (tv show and movie) works OK. I can go forward and resume after quit Emby app. 😕

Regards.

SamES
5 hours ago, Przemek said:

Hi, @SamES. Today I want to check how it's working and both (tv show and movie) works OK. I can go forward and resume after quit Emby app. 😕

Regards.

Thanks for the update. Keep note of any more issues and see if they match my suggestions above. 

• 2 weeks later...
Painkiller8818

When will there be a real fast forward function in the samsung tv apps?

I really would love to see a real fast forward like i can do in the web browser. Just grab the green point and drag it around would be the best option.
grafik.png.3f004db197829ec7eaea4f522198c9cb.png
Please do this in an update in the near future.

thanks

Ganondorf78

Hello, same issue here on orsay smart tv with 2.2.8 version

I can go forward, resume and select chapter.

Thank you for your help :)

SamES
3 hours ago, Ganondorf78 said:

Hello, same issue here on orsay smart tv with 2.2.8 version

I can go forward, resume and select chapter.

Thank you for your help :)

For the legacy Orsay app, please update to 2.2.9 to resolve these issues. 

10 hours ago, Ganondorf78 said:

Thanks now it works

Thanks for the feedback.

qkhanhpro
On 7/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, SamES said:

Which specific problem are you referring to??  DLNA playback, or being able to resume/ff?

if it is unable to resume/ff please confirm:

• Is this using DirectPlay, DirectStream or Transcoding?
  • Is it every file or just some files?
  • For all files that have an issue, is the playback method the same?

My suspicion is that it is only some files that you have issue with and they are DirectPlay. In addition, devices that they do playback fine on will be either DirectStream or transcode. Correct?

I have seen some files with corrupt/incorrect timing information, or seek tables that are located a the end of the file, not the start. In these cases the TV does not have sufficient information to allow seeking within the file so you can’t jump around the file during playback (ie: no resume, ff, rew)

If this is the case, then there really isn’t anything we can do. As a quick fix you could drop the playback quality down on the client playback settings to force it to transcode, or as a more permanent fix, copy the video/audio/sub streams to a new container using something like MkvToolnix if it is an mkv file. 

Thanks for the reply, SamES

It seems like I am facing the same issue with my LG UM7400 TV.

All files DirectPlay over DLNA just fine but seeking is not possible

The same file when DirectPlay over HTML Video Player, seeking is possible

Though I am using Jellyfin, I am not sure if this is a right place to ask the question :(

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Przemek said:

After some update I didn't notice that issue for now.

Regards.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
Przemek

Hi, @LukeToday when I try to resume episode 'See s02e01' I have that bug again. When I start it shows launching wheel and then after few seconds Tizen App quit to TV. I try few times from 17:00 to 17:05. I also try movie 'Wrong', series 'Gomorra' and 'Ted Lasso' and they resume OK.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-557e015e-72c0-45ac-9987-aad622d040d5_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d485a194-c526-44b8-adbd-7af1f96d35a4_1.txt

Edited by Przemek

SamES

Can you try turning the subtitles off before you start playback, then see how it goes.  Does it still try and transcode?

Przemek

6 hours ago, SamES said:

Can you try turning the subtitles off before you start playback, then see how it goes.  Does it still try and transcode?

Hi @SamES it don't help.
Regards.

SamES

Can you attach a transcode log for that test please?  Based on you previous log, there was a DirectPlay error so the client request a transcode.  What actually happens when you try and play?  Does it cause the Samsung client to crash?

What model is your TV?

Przemek

I don't have transcode logs. Only embyserver.txt and quick-extract-imageseries.... from Today when I try again.

When I try to forward that episode Today Emby launch it, whell start to spin and emby app quit.

UE48JS8500

@Luke

On 8/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, Przemek said:

I don't have transcode logs. Only embyserver.txt and quick-extract-imageseries.... from Today when I try again.

When I try to forward that episode Today Emby launch it, whell start to spin and emby app quit.

UE48JS8500

@Luke

Can you provide a sample video for testing?

One issue I can see with that video is that there are a lot of embedded subtitle streams.  This is known to cause some issues.

Can you remove the subtitles you don't need and try it again?

I suggest you use MkvToolNix to export the video, audio and subtitle streams that you want into a new mkv file.   It will be quick and won't convert anything so the quality will be unaffected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Przemek
5 hours ago, SamES said:

One issue I can see with that video is that there are a lot of embedded subtitle streams.  This is known to cause some issues.

Can you remove the subtitles you don't need and try it again?

I suggest you use MkvToolNix to export the video, audio and subtitle streams that you want into a new mkv file.   It will be quick and won't convert anything so the quality will be unaffected.

Hi, I also have other series from Apple, files mkv and much more embedded subtitles. There's no problem there.

Edit. I make conversion in MkvToolNix only with polish subs and it works, I can resume :D

Thank You very much for help.
Regards.

Edited by Przemek
  • Like 1

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

5 hours ago, Przemek said:

I also have other series from Apple, files mkv and much more embedded subtitles. There's no problem there.

It is actually dependent on a few things, but more often than not, having a lot of subs will cause a problem.  For some containers, bitrates, resolutions, etc you may get away with it, but often not.