"Too many errors... Giving up" on Amazon FireTV

242Movies
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

242Movies

For the last week I've been unable to play videos of any kind from my Amazon Fire TV.

I can connect to the Emby server, browse all of my movies, click on the movies and get all info and click the play button.

But then it just starts spinning and finally says "Too many errors... Giving up"

I installed a new instance of Emby server on a new computer and the problems still occur.

When trying from an Android box or through the web interface on my computer the movies play fine.

I deleted all data from the Emby App on the Amazon TV and the problem remained.

Even after removing and reinstalling the App and installing a software update on the TV the movies still won't play.

Bitrates on the servers are set to Auto.

Any suggestions?

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63720468038.txt

embyserver-63720518400.txt

embyserver-63720718069.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-68a23303-f0b6-4339-accf-a5e4740b0a7f_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-9a90e529-ef6a-439f-9c2c-f370d5e2f942_1.txt

Edited by 242Movies

242Movies

The majority of my files are h264 mp4 but it won't play AVI files either.

EDIT: I found the Debug Options buried under Display Settings.

I've sent the logs just now.

Edited by 242Movies

The majority of my files are h264 mp4 but it won't play AVI files either.

EDIT: I found the Debug Options buried under Display Settings.

I've sent the logs just now.

You didn't provide me the user name but, if I found your correct log, it also didn't have any playback in it.  Did you create the issue and then immediately back to the home screen and send the log?

242Movies

Tried again just now and sent the logs immediately afterwards.

Username is movies. The file I tried to play is The Paradine Case.

• Solution

Do you happen to have anything else on this device trying to play video at the same time?

• Like 1

242Movies

I have Plex and VLC installed but they're not trying to play anything at the same time.

I'll uninstall them and see if it helps.

242Movies

I uninstalled the Plex and VLC apps and then went into the TV's settings and chose 'restart'.

Emby is now playing videos again!

I hadn't used Plex for a couple of months but VLC did play videos after Emby stopped. Not sure what happened.

It's possible that using the 'restart' option from within the TV might have fixed the problem by itself where just turning the TV on and off didn't.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem for me.

It's possible that using the 'restart' option from within the TV might have fixed the problem by itself where just turning the TV on and off didn't.

That would be my guess as well. The old "reboot" fix.

The error was the inability for the video decoder to be initialized and the only reference I found to that problem was when the device was already playing video.  Perhaps something was just stuck and the restart freed it up.

Glad you are back going.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
sundevil67

I've been experiencing this problem more than 50% of the time and it's driving me crazy. It definitely happens to any video, no matter the format, and is also "fixed" by restarting the TV. It could be possible that one of my users was playing a video at the same time, but I can't imagine that is what's happening every time I run into this problem. No way. I don't have any other media players installed or anything else going on - the Mac Mini pretty much exists to run Emby Server. Is there any other possible workaround or permanent fix for this that's known?

I've been experiencing this problem more than 50% of the time and it's driving me crazy. It definitely happens to any video, no matter the format, and is also "fixed" by restarting the TV. It could be possible that one of my users was playing a video at the same time, but I can't imagine that is what's happening every time I run into this problem. No way. I don't have any other media players installed or anything else going on - the Mac Mini pretty much exists to run Emby Server. Is there any other possible workaround or permanent fix for this that's known?

Hi.  Do please provide details.  Your issue is not necessarily the same as the one in this thread.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem