Emby & Google Drive

thegrunge

thegrunge

Hello, I would like to express 2 problems that I encounter with Emby using Google Drive as storage. The first problem encountered is that emby seems to send a lot of requests or consume a lot of data, because I easily reach the quota in recent days. My 2nd problem is that by closing rclone after a certain time some of my libraries no longer display its content due to the fact that rclone is closed and the content is no longer accessible. I am concerned that reloading data once rclone reconnect requests a lot of data. I would like to understand then which options I should select when creating a library to avoid these 2 problems. Thank you

thegrunge

@Luke I have no choice to drop demand and avoid banishment every day. Do you have any advice on library options to at least avoid requests or transfer data unnecessarily? For the erasure of the files of the library I do not know if it is due to the fact that I also associated a local directory for the same directory say (films) contains a local path and a path the folder which is in google and it's as if the scan has cleared the google drive online directory. 

Edited by thegrunge

If you uninstall the nfo plugin, then that will reduce requests slightly because it won't be looking for nfo files.

thegrunge

@@Luke I don't use nfo plug-in I use these settings, do you think this is correct or an additional setting could help?

Thanks

post-177488-0-83815200-1585164928_thumb.png

post-177488-0-63729500-1585164934_thumb.png

post-177488-0-31695300-1585164940_thumb.png

post-177488-0-12417900-1585164947_thumb.png

post-177488-0-94967900-1585164951_thumb.png

post-177488-0-12712000-1585164957_thumb.png

There's no way to disable nfo reading, so it's still going to be looking for nfo files if you have the plugin installed.

thegrunge

@Luke During file reading and adding a new library too. I deactivate Enable real time monitoring of each library to help because scans are systematically made as soon as there is a change. I also closed 24 hours rclone to lower demand. I am not sure that I reach the limit of 750 GB per day or the number of possible requests per day. I will try this like that I start my server this afternoon. I only wanted to have info on possible options to limit traffic and also prevent the contents of a library from disappearing when rclone is closed.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
kikinjo

U need to optimize Rclobe with VFS cache to have no issues with API limits. No Emby settings does matter, its the rclone settings that matters.

Browse rclone forum for most settings optimized, but i already posted them here on forum, just search a bit.

Edited by kikinjo