Local Trailers (in Cinema Mode) are broken. Server side issue.

Villiam

Question for you guys.  Can you get movie intros to work if using trailers off the internet?

Could you guys post screen shots of the cinema config screen?

skidmarks

Yes, once i installed the trailers plugin and selected the options under the "internet trailers" section.  A trailer played from i assume the internet (localhost:8096/web/index.html?#!/videoosd/videoosd.html)?  It was a trailer that i have locally as well.  Then one Custom Intro Played.

Cinema Config Screen: (i ticked the 4 options under "internet trailers" and un-ticked "smart parental controls" for this test)

1872307885_cinemaintros.thumb.JPG.27e0d4f659f9f24ac219b3f1d9f9cc23.JPG

Edited by skidmarks

Thank you for doing that.  So functionality is working fine with internet trailers but not with local trailers correct?

skidmarks
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

Thank you for doing that.  So functionality is working fine with internet trailers but not with local trailers correct?

Yes that is correct....

Villiam

For everyone reading it's worth pointing out the following;

1. I experience this problem regardless of whether or not parental controls are turned on.

2. I can reproduce and "fix" the problem making specific local trailers play as they are supposed to by changing the trailer name to match the main movie folder name perfectly. See my previous posts in this same thread for the full description. This is despite the fact that my local trailers are kept in a "trailers" folder within each movie folder.

3. This has been going on for over a year across two fully seperate Emby servers, each of which have been rebuilt from the ground up.. hardware and software.. and had fresh Emby server installs without any backup settings restored. 

The problem is simply that Emby is NOT recognizing any video files within a "Trailers" subfolder as a trailer (And playing them as such) unless they have a very specific, unneeded naming convention. Files within the "Trailers" subfolder aren't supposed to have to have any specific naming conventions. It's literally that easy.

PenkethBoy

Just tested this and named a trailer abc.mp4 in a Trailers subfolder

and it played fine after a library scan to pick up the change in name

this was with a movie library

are all your movies in separate folders?

@PenkethBoyPlayed as a trailer from the detail scan or used in Cinema intros?

Can you get the local trailer to show up in Cinema preview?

PenkethBoy

played as a local trailer

cant get anything to play with Cinema Intro enabled - just goes straight to movie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pushing an update to the Cinema Intros plugin to resolve this. Thanks for reporting.

Nat-Chan

The Update (1.0.33) don´t work. Same issue before update.

But: when i play a seriesepisode, then all trailer plays fine. In the Movie-section trailer will not play.

I have trailer for:

Sailor Moon Movies, Princess Mononoke, all Digimon Adventure Tri-Movies, Space Battleship Yamato Live-Action Movie, Star Trek movies, Star Wars Movies, 5 Centimeters per Second, Akira, Alita: Battle Angel (Live-Action), Battleangel Alita (Anime), Auqaman, Cowboy Bebop Movie, Clannad movie, Fairy Tail Movies, Godzilla Movies, Ghost Train.Back to the Future Movies and many more.

In the Series sektion all these trailer plays at all series.

In the Movie sektion will play only the Sailor Moon trailers. others trailers don´t play. And only at Sailor Moon Movies. At other movies, the Sailor Moon trailer don´t play.

Edit: I have now updated the numbers of play trailers from 2 to 10. it can play all trailer (Sailor Moon trailers, Star Wars trailers, and all other trailers), from my hdd, but only with the Sailor Moon movies. When i play another movies (Star Trek, Star Wars, etc...) no trailer plays.

Edit 2: I have the problem localatet: This is a meta problem. I have a movie, that the scan have not identified. When I play this file, all trailes plays . After i manualy identify this movie and the meta was downloades: no trailer plays at this movie. I was able to readjust it 10 times. Always with the same result: befor the meta information ist loading can play trailer and after load meta informations it cannot load. It must be a problem with the meta scan or one of the meta plugins.

Edit 3: After further attemps, I was able to narroe the problem further: Obviously it is a problem with the age rating. As a test, I experimented with age rating in movie metadata. And found that if I remove the age rating completely, trailers are played again. I have no setting a age ratin in my profile, so it shouldn't be..

Conclusion: The trailer problem is related to the age rating. It does not matter what has been set in the profile, if an age ratin (in my case FSK, because of Germany)  is set in the metas, the system blocks all trailers without taking account of the profile settings. Only the complete delete of the age rating in meta are effectly.

Edited by Nat-Chan

skidmarks

I was hoping for the best... Update 1.0.33 did not help with my issue either.  Issue = Will not Play a Local Trailer / Will play Custom Intro

I found something rather interesting though...

This is the first time (ever) that i enabled cinema intros for episodes.  It works flawlessly (with or without parental controls enabled).  

From a very quick test of playing only 2 movies.

Previously for me it was still using Internet trailers even when that option wasn't turned on.  It no longer is using them but not using locals either.

So a step in the right direction.

PenkethBoy

Movie Trailers (local - with internet trailers disabled in the cinema intros plugin) play fine

Also episode trailers (local) play IF the series has local trailers

Villiam

I still get the same behavior as before. No local trailers play unless they are named exactly the same as the host folder movie.. with the additon of a -trailer. If it has any verbiage not matching then they won't play. See the OP and my posts afterwards for clarification.

PenkethBoy

My local trailers are not named the same as the Movie or Series - they may be similar though

and dont have a -trailer in the name for any of them

But i do have them in "Trailer" sub folders - for both movies and series

All appears to work for me

8 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

My local trailers are not named the same as the Movie or Series - they may be similar though

and dont have a -trailer in the name for any of them

But i do have them in "Trailer" sub folders - for both movies and series

All appears to work for me

Are you sure it's playing local trailers and not from the net?

Did you check logs?

Are you using custom intros?

yea, try it with custom intro or codec.  Doesn't seem to work.

Edited by cayars

PenkethBoy

well - thats different - and should probably be a separate thread

Why?  They are local trailers not working in cinema mode which is what this thread is about.

It's cinema functionality.

Edited by cayars

PenkethBoy

because they do work

but not if you have a intro or codec enabled so diff problem

just tested with custom intro and codec and no trailers play at all

Go back and read the ops expanded setup.  He is using the Intros and this is what he's reporting as a problem and what others have concurred don't work.

If you turn that off OR rename the trailer to the same name as the movie it does work but shouldn't have to do either.

The op is trying to display 2 trailers plus the cinema intro.

That configuration doesn't work for me either.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

First post does not talk about intos - so you must mean another OP then

Either way - its partly working as needed - just turn off intos for now till Luke puts out another fix

Didn't say the OP post but the Op's expanded explanation. Custom into is key to this and has been the whole thread.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:50 AM, Villiam said:

My overall setting is .. Two trailers play ---> Custom intro plays---->Movie plays.

On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, Villiam said:

The overall issue is that I do not have any trailers playing when in Cinema mode. (I desire to have 2 local trailers play, then 1 custom intro before each movie). 

(I have cinema intros enabled.. in everywhere required, beyond what just this screenshot shows.)

5e9f7a8ea44e0_2.png

On 4/24/2020 at 4:15 PM, Villiam said:

Thank you for helping to work this out. How many local trailers do you have play in Cinema Mode (I have two selected, can you try that?) and are you using a custom intro played after the trailers? If not can you see if that changes things? The only other difference I see between our layouts is that my trailer folder is capitalized.. "Trailers" instead of "trailers".

On 6/30/2020 at 9:43 PM, skidmarks said:

Trying some more troubleshooting i removed the intro plugin restarted the server.  Re-installed the plugin.  Restarted the sever...  Went to the cinema intro settings page, expecting to have to set it up again, and all the settings (including my custom intro path) was already there.  I would assume that removing the plugin would make the server forget the previous settings?  In the end of this the result remained the same...

10 hours ago, skidmarks said:

I was hoping for the best... Update 1.0.33 did not help with my issue either.  Issue = Will not Play a Local Trailer / Will play Custom Intro