Local Trailers (in Cinema Mode) are broken. Server side issue.

Villiam

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

I would like to say thanks for fixing the local trailer issue.  I also do not get any trailers with "enable smart parental controls" enabled.

Interesting, I wonder what is different on my system as if I have it enabled and play a item rated lets say "G" I only get other items rated "G" and if I disable it I get items with a higher rating then "G".

skidmarks
16 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Interesting, I wonder what is different on my system as if I have it enabled and play a item rated lets say "G" I only get other items rated "G" and if I disable it I get items with a higher rating then "G".

I can only look at the db and try to understand what all these items are.  End of the day, its only speculation on my part!  Without ratings on trailers, could just copy the original movies rating, i do not understand how emby would ever figure out what is appropriate.  In the world of TV the term is FM (freaking magic).

I'll play around with it some more and see if i can make sense out of it all...  8hrs of infusion tomorrow.

Edited by skidmarks

Happy2Play
Just now, skidmarks said:

I can only look the db and try to understand what all these items are.  End of the day, its only speculation on my part!  Without ratings on trailers, could just copy the original movies rating, i do not understand how emby would every figure out what is appropriate.  In the world of TV the term is FM (freaking magic).

I'll play around with it some more and see if i can make sense out of it all...  8hrs of infusion tomorrow.

Not sure what Luke did but I do not see any change in the database. so I do not know where the magic is happening as all my local trailers have no OfficialRating or InheritedParentalRatingValue last time I checked.

RaptorCentauri

What was updated? Local trailers are not working for me. My setup is as follows

Server version: 4.4.3.0

Cinema Mode version: 1.0.34 (latest available)

Trailers are in a folder called "trailers" in each movie : MOVIES/MOVIE_NAME/trailers

Smart Parent Controls is NOT Checked.

Any settings missing or look incorrect?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

What was updated? Local trailers are not working for me. My setup is as follows

Server version: 4.4.3.0

Cinema Mode version: 1.0.34 (latest available)

Trailers are in a folder called "trailers" in each movie : MOVIES/MOVIE_NAME/trailers

Smart Parent Controls is NOT Checked.

Any settings missing or look incorrect?

It is a update within beta server 4.5.0.19

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nat-Chan said:

Feedback: The Chinam-Mode in the Beta is 100% functionaly. All fine.

Thanks for testing !

RaptorCentauri
4 minutes ago, Nat-Chan said:

Feedback: The Chinam-Mode in the Beta is 100% functionaly. All fine.

I did notice a small issue. If the trailer is selected from a movie that has multiple trailers in its folder, only those are played. So for example if I have Batman Begins and I have 4 trailers for it. Cinema mode will play 2 (assuming a setting of 2) trailers from Batman Begins, rather than 1 from there and 1 from another movie. Is anyone else noticing this?

skidmarks

Cinema Mode may be functional, until you enable smart parental controls...

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

tomnjerry74

To say it's 100% functional just simply isn't true. If you enable smart parental controls everything regresses right back to not playing any local trailers at all. Running latest beta and happy to provide logs if needed.

Happy2Play

I wonder why it is functioning for me.  Unless I am missing something.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, Happy2Play said:

skidmarks
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

I wonder why it is functioning for me.  Unless I am missing something.

I can't explain this.  I am hoping this is not resolved in @Luke large list of to do.  With cinema mode enabled trailers play now without issue until you enable parental ratings.  When that is selected, on my set up, the ONLY local trailers that play are the 10 that i went into the db and changed the rating from NULL to whatever the rating of the movie was for testing.

I found a more shocking glitch that i am going to try and reproduce prior to posting.  But depending on those findings parental control really needs to work!

Nat-Chan
9 hours ago, tomnjerry74 said:

To say it's 100% functional just simply isn't true. If you enable smart parental controls everything regresses right back to not playing any local trailers at all. Running latest beta and happy to provide logs if needed.

all functions of the chinemamode in my betainstalation (emby  4.5.0.20-beta) are full functionaly. I have tested it with all configurations.

Edited by Nat-Chan

Happy2Play

To me this would suggest something within ones database if it works for some and not others.  So would the ages of ones database play a factor?

tomnjerry74
7 hours ago, Nat-Chan said:

all functions of the chinemamode in my betainstalation (emby  4.5.0.20-beta) are full functionaly. I have tested it with all configurations.

Well then I'm sorry for aggressively doubting you lol.

But wow that's interesting. Did you by any chance fiddle around with the database file like others before the update to fix things?

@Happy2Play I haven't touched my database and I'm still having the issue; not sure if that info helps.

skidmarks
7 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

To me this would suggest something within ones database if it works for some and not others.  So would the ages of ones database play a factor?

I had no issues with cinema mode or parental ratings prior to my formatting and reinstall of the server (via the backup that was created).  I am really considering another wipe and rebuild of emby.  It's the 3 days to rebuild everything that is making me twitch a little.  This time starting from scratch.

16 hours ago, skidmarks said:

I found a more shocking glitch that i am going to try and reproduce prior to posting.  But depending on those findings parental control really needs to work!

Did some further testing, was pretty sure via search function, that users could view media that they were not authorized to view.  Found the error in my library.  Not an emby error.

Happy2Play

I am guessing but I think I know why I think it is working with "enable smart parental controls", I have 44 of 3842 local trailers that have InheritedParentalRatingValue (all have null OfficialRating).  Testing some more It would appear those are the only trailers that will play in "enable smart parental controls".  So almost 3800 items can not play because they have a 0 value.

@Luke would that be correct?

• Like 1