Local Trailers (in Cinema Mode) are broken. Server side issue.

Villiam

skidmarks

@Happy2PlayThats the NULL in the database that i was questioning as well.  I can test this (tomorrow).  What should the NULL actually be? The same as the rating for the movie?

Edited by skidmarks

Happy2Play
Just now, skidmarks said:

@happy2play Thats the NULL in the database that i was questioning as well.  I can test this.  What should the NULL actually be? The same as the rating for the movie?

That is what I set mine to in my tests. 

skidmarks

I copied my DB and added some ratings to a few trailers, then replaced the original file...  I did not have any change in trailers playing in cinema intro mode.  But wouldn't i have to get pretty "lucky" to stumble upon a movie in my library that would trigger one of the 5 trailers that i made these changes to?  4000 trailers that wont play (NULL) vs the 5 that i changed?

Edited by skidmarks

Did you rescan the library after making those changes in the DB?  Not sure it's needed but wouldn't hurt to test.

Happy2Play

All I had to do is modify database then start Emby, no scan required because it is already directly in the database.  All I know is Local Trailers OfficialRating is the primary issue on my setup.

Great investigation. Please try version 1.0.34 of the cinema mode plugin. Thanks.

Happy2Play
37 minutes ago, Luke said:

Great investigation. Please try version 1.0.34 of the cinema mode plugin. Thanks.

For me it still just plays the local trailers that I manually added OfficialRating to for media that has a Parental rating.  Media with no Parental rating plays other local null rated trailers.  Performed a library scan didn't make a difference for me.

The more Local trailers I manually apply OfficialRating to equal more trailers that play with Parental Rated media.  Still all testing with Smart Parental Controls off.

Here are the settings I am currently testing on.

testing.thumb.jpg.447b8bfe65bf0c61e8b125f6dfc77076.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Tested on stable also same results.

Recap with specific example on a test machine, same settings as above.

Used "The Phantom of the Opera on Ice" it has no OfficialRating and only "Music" genre.  no trailers played only intro do to no other "Music" genre having a trailer. All local trailers are OfficialRating Null.

Added "Action" genre to media so it would have common genre with media with local trailers.  The Null OfficialRating Local trailers played on this no OfficalRating media.

But all media with a OfficialRating would not play any Null OfficialRating local trailer.

Applied OfficialRating to local trailers in database and they played on all media with OfficialRating.

version 1.0.34

skidmarks
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

All I had to do is modify database then start Emby, no scan required because it is already directly in the database.  All I know is Local Trailers OfficialRating is the primary issue on my setup.

Did it again, i now have cinema intros!  Changed 10 of them for testing and they are being used with cinema intros...

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Still not working with any movies i did not change to add officalrating to something other than NULL.

51 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

For me it still just plays the local trailers that I manually added OfficialRating to for media that has a Parental rating.  Media with no Parental rating plays other local null rated trailers.  Performed a library scan didn't make a difference for me.

The more Local trailers I manually apply OfficialRating to equal more trailers that play with Parental Rated media.  Still all testing with Smart Parental Controls off.

Here are the settings I am currently testing on.

testing.thumb.jpg.447b8bfe65bf0c61e8b125f6dfc77076.jpg

Same settings!  Same Result...

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, skidmarks said:

Did it again, i now have cinema intros!  Changed 10 of them for testing and they are being used with cinema intros...

Glad we have pretty much isolated it to missing OfficialRating on Local Trailers.

But I have no idea of any other fields that may need to be populated though.

• Like 1

I'm not sure yet if it's specific to officialRating, or it's just that without officialrating there's not enough information to consider it similar to the movie that you're playing.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm not sure yet if it's specific to officialRating, or it's just that without officialrating there's not enough information to consider it similar to the movie that you're playing.

All I know is if media has null officialrating, null officialrating local trailers play.  if media has officialrating no null local trailers play.  Appling officialrating to local trailers allows them to play in my test.  Genre does appear to be a factor also as noted in post 83.

Happy2Play
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

Actually, yes, the null value is the reason. Great find, thanks.

Also it appears the InheritedParentalRatingValue is needed for Smart Parental Controls in my recent test.

Edited by Happy2Play

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Also it appears the InheritedParentalRatingValue is needed for Smart Parental Controls in my recent test.

Yup.

Villiam

Why then is it that every time I change the file name of a trailer to match the movie/folder perfectly, it plays.. yet when they don't match perfectly it doesn't play?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Villiam said:

Why then is it that every time I change the file name of a trailer to match the movie/folder perfectly, it plays.. yet when they don't match perfectly it doesn't play?

Haven't really done any */trailers/anything.ext testing but would have to see what is in the database.  I know the primary issue is null OfficialRating and InheritedParentalRating values for local trailers. But none of my test */trailers/anything.ext work until I add at a minimum a OfficialRating value.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
skidmarks

Now that the issue has been found will an update be dropped to resolve this?  I have noticed in the past that sometimes updates are released to resolve issues, but not mentioned in the original thread.

My db would suggest that the fix has not been implemented yet.

Happy2Play

Anything special needing to be done in 4.5.0.19?  Adding new items and Refreshing old are not adding a rating to either field.

• Fix cinema mode with local trailers that don't have a rating

What I fixed is that the absence of a rating was causing them to be excluded from consideration.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

What I fixed is that the absence of a rating was causing them to be excluded from consideration.

Will have to test some more as I figured out the user preference issue, but they appear to be working.

tomnjerry74

If I have "Enable smart parent control" checked, then none of the trailers play still. However, they seem to be working now if that's unchecked.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
13 hours ago, tomnjerry74 said:

If I have "Enable smart parent control" checked, then none of the trailers play still. However, they seem to be working now if that's unchecked.

Can you go over an example as in my limited testing with "Enable smart parent control" checked I get local trailers that are or below the same rating.  With it disabled I get trailers of higher parental rating.

skidmarks

I would like to say thanks for fixing the local trailer issue.  I also do not get any trailers with "enable smart parental controls" enabled.

I see in the db "OfficialRating" still = NULL and "InheritedParentalRatingValue" also = NULL or 0

So i do not know how the magic happens, but doesn't appear that it should work this way?

Edited by skidmarks