Multi Part Videos in 4.4.0.40

moviefan

moviefan

According to release notes:

"* Various fixes for detecting multi-part videos

* Fix sorting for multi-part videos"

What exactly did you "fix" in this version?

It turned all of my multi part videos into TV series.

Edited by moviefan

moviefan

Sure.  Documentary Leaving Neverland is a 2-part video.  Was working fine before the upgrade.

After I updated and re-scanned my library, it added a second .nfo file

5e79839229214_ScreenShot20200323at84933P

Now when I click on it I am taken into a second screen, where I can then click on it again, and get taken into another view.  I can't edit metadata on the main item anymore.  I dont know why I am clicking a second time to go into the item.  

Maybe it's not recognized as a TV series but it behaves identically to how TV series do in this program.

Worked better before.  I dont understand how this is fixed in any way.  It wasn't broken.  Now it is.

Please help me understand.

Edited by moviefan

moviefan

I guess, as I look at it, the problem seems to be that it is now recognizing the multi-part videos as folders instead of movies.

moviefan

It's a mixed content library.

Is this another Emby anti-mixed content library move for no reason?

There have never been any anti-mixed content moves, it's just that due to the nature of it being a free for all, this is inevitably going to happen from time to time. I make an improvement to detect something, and then we find out later it also resulted in some kind of false detection. Unfortunately it's just reality.

But this should be correctable. Can you please supply the contents of the folder above? Thanks.

moviefan

Yah I am making up the move part.  It just seems like the response sounds similar to the one in this thread regarding mixed content and feels like the responses I kept getting on legacy collections until they were finally officially killed off.

The sentiment I receive is that mixed-content usability isn't a big priority.

Anyway, what contents are you looking for?  The nfo files?

Edited by moviefan

Can you please supply a listing of the contents of the folder above? Thanks.

moviefan

Still not understanding - here is a directory listing output...is that what you are looking for?

03/21/2020  02:59 PM    <DIR>          .
03/28/2020  10:46 AM    <DIR>          ..
03/21/2020  02:59 PM             1,913 Leaving Neverland [2019] [720p]-part1.nfo
03/22/2020  02:59 PM             1,776 Leaving Neverland [2019] [720p]-part2.nfo
03/04/2019  03:49 PM     3,534,701,361 Leaving Neverland [2019] [720p]-part2.mkv
03/04/2019  03:48 PM     3,350,741,998 Leaving Neverland [2019] [720p]-part1.mkv
03/07/2019  11:14 AM           187,056 folder.jpg
Edited by moviefan

moviefan

Oh now I understand.  You kept saying folder above and I though you were referring to my post by above.

The folder above has 940 items in it currently...almost entirely single part movies except for a few odd cases such as this.

<edit - removed pic>

Edited by moviefan

moviefan

Hmmmm.  Well it appeared to be fixed after upgrading, but after the full library scan it's back to the same deal.

Here is how it looks from the main library folder to the second level folder to the actual item:

5e8bef26cefb9_ScreenShot20200406at80937P

5e8bef39a1568_ScreenShot20200406at80945P

5e8bef4b68b12_ScreenShot20200406at80956P

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Mixed Content type library does add the additional folder layer to items with "Split video files (file stacking)", as shown in post 18.  Where a Movie content type library presents just the item.