new nvidia drivers issue

MisterAngelus

brumsky

Good luck its been in the last 3 drivers  how ever old this thread is...

Anyway thanks so much for your help

Are you able to do transcoding on the fly to x265 using the GPU?  I don't care about the conversions or download feature using x265 on the GPU.

What's odd is I am on 445.87 and I can do on the fly transcode to x264 with the GPU but not x265.  Actually I can do conversions and download to via the GPU to x264.  It's only x265 that isn't working for me on the GPU.

• 2 weeks later...
MisterAngelus

Yes the exact same issue I'm having.  still waiting on NVIDIA to realize there bug and fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...
MisterAngelus

@softworkz You told me to remind you in a while. Well i just tried the new driver  451.48-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql-g.

Still wont do any GPU encoding with hevc

wish they'd fix this bug

just letting you know

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
MisterAngelus

@softworkz  Another new driver came out today 451.67 makes no with hevc encoding

You might need to contact nvidia at this point   you'll probably get better results then me

• 1 month later...
MisterAngelus

Just an update on this issue   it  still exists in the currant up to date driver not sure how to fix it or what that means when the  driver from several versions back encodes faster

I've kind of given up on nvidia fixing it however

PenkethBoy

I'm on 452.06 (although diff card 980Ti) have not seen any issues with encoding to H265 (do something almost daily) or on previous version i had which was 442.74

except it might be card specific issue though