Photo

Apple TV with HEVC + HDR (mkv container)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 M3th0s OFFLINE  

M3th0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 AM

Posted 26 April 2020 - 05:36 PM

I’m currently testing 6.4 and emby integration is working really well. There’s a few things they need to implement and there’s a lot that’s in Emby’s player that won’t ever be in infuse but it’s Worth 99p a month for the HDR.

I've been looking forward to the 6.4 release with emby integration! Is HDR working properly? Atmos?

Thanks in advance!

#42 vdatanet ONLINE  

vdatanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2024 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 AM
  • LocationCalafell, Spain

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:18 AM

I've been looking forward to the 6.4 release with emby integration! Is HDR working properly? Atmos?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, HDR is working. Apple TV only supports Atmos DD+, Atmos TrueHD is not supported by Apple TV. Atmos DD+ is used by streaming services and Atmos TrueHD is used by blurays, so Atmos is not supported for local media.

• sfatula likes this

#43 Sofasogud OFFLINE  

Sofasogud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 AM

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

Thanks in advance!

Out of all the HDR players on ATV at the moment, I think Infuse handles HDR the best and with Emby it's no different. I've only got Atmos DD+ content at the moment which works flawlessly. Watching extraction right now and it direct plays like everything I throw at it. I'll try out TrueHD when I find something just to see what happens and let you know. TrueHD direct plays too. 

There's a lot of bugs with the Jellyfin integration so I think they're quite a way off a 6.4 release but maybe there will be something for you at the end of May.

Edited by Sofasogud, 03 May 2020 - 04:59 PM.

#44 sfatula OFFLINE  

sfatula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM
  • LocationCalera, OK

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:33 PM

Yep, TrueHD plays fine, the various DTS plays fine, flac plays fine. mkv or mp4. H264 or 265. All via Emby connection and API. 

#45 Waldemar Jost OFFLINE  

Waldemar Jost

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:53 AM

Hi since yesterday Infuse 6.4 is out now. So i'm testing for it. Do i right understand infuse is in that case a direct playing Player which can handle all kind of audio and Video formats and will do the transcoding for the specific device by her own Player? So when i'm on the road and will play on the ipad a 4k HEVC HDR movie with TrueHD which is about 50 gb... the infuse ios app will completly download the big movie an than transcode it for the ipad screen? In the local session for the tvOS app that isnt a Problem i think... but for mobile devices it won't be the way with the combination of emby and infuse... here we still have to use emby ... only for the playback of HEVC 4K HDR Content on the local session and with the tvOS on different devices like 1080p tv and 2160p projector is that a way to playback the best Video experiance...

Out of all the HDR players on ATV at the moment, I think Infuse handles HDR the best and with Emby it's no different. I've only got Atmos DD+ content at the moment which works flawlessly. Watching extraction right now and it direct plays like everything I throw at it. I'll try out TrueHD when I find something just to see what happens and let you know. TrueHD direct plays too

There's a lot of bugs with the Jellyfin integration so I think they're quite a way off a 6.4 release but maybe there will be something for you at the end of May.

To play Atmos TureHD i have to change the audio Setting to passtrough the audio directly to the avr and only if the avr can handle this i can play Atmos TrueHD, right? The ATV out of the box cant handle this, or?

My last question is: The Integration of the emby Server in infuse is very easy. Right now i've got my main folders like movies, tv Shows ... is it possible to get the newest Content on the main page of infuse like emby it does?

Sorry for my bad english...

#46 sfatula OFFLINE  

sfatula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCalera, OK

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

When going remote, there will not be any transcoding by Emby, meaning, if your upload speed can't handle the needed bandwidth, it won't work very well. Infuse is direct play only in essence. You can *not* play Atmos TrueHD, you will be TrueHD but not Atmos. The Apple TV can't play TrueHD Atmos and your receiver won't help make it. 

Yes, you can get latest content on the main page. I have mine set up just like Emby was, with my folders on top, unwatched TV episodes after that, and so on. 

You lose any live tv functionality, scheduling, etc. For that stuff, you would need Emby. 

#47 Waldemar Jost OFFLINE  

Waldemar Jost

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:29 AM

Yes, you can get latest content on the main page. I have mine set up just like Emby was, with my folders on top, unwatched TV episodes after that, and so on. 

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain how to get the latest Content on the mainpage? In my case i add the emby Server, so he only see my 3 folders for movies, tv shows and 3D movies... In emby the latest Content row isnt a seperate folder, it is a internal function of emby the Show the row... so how do you get this in infuse?

#48 sfatula OFFLINE  

sfatula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCalera, OK

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:46 AM

Under your library folder (if you are showing it on the home screen) you can navigate down through "Movies" and you'll see "recently added". If you long press on this, you can either add it as a favorite (which will show as a folder), or as a list (which will show it as a row like Emby). I don't believe there is an overall recently added for all content types, so you'll have separate TV shows and Movies for recently added. 

There is also a up next row you can get via settings. 

#49 sfatula OFFLINE  

sfatula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • LocationCalera, OK

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:51 AM

One limitation of Infuse is it doesn't support the showing of specials inside seasons as Emby does. This is very handy at times so you can watch things in the correct order. I submitted an enhancement request here for this:

https://community.fi...e-feature/19786

Upvote or "like" it if you agree. 

Edited by sfatula, 13 May 2020 - 10:51 AM.

#50 vdatanet ONLINE  

vdatanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2024 posts
  • LocationCalafell, Spain

Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

Hi since yesterday Infuse 6.4 is out now. So i'm testing for it. Do i right understand infuse is in that case a direct playing Player which can handle all kind of audio and Video formats and will do the transcoding for the specific device by her own Player? So when i'm on the road and will play on the ipad a 4k HEVC HDR movie with TrueHD which is about 50 gb... the infuse ios app will completly download the big movie an than transcode it for the ipad screen? In the local session for the tvOS app that isnt a Problem i think... but for mobile devices it won't be the way with the combination of emby and infuse... here we still have to use emby ... only for the playback of HEVC 4K HDR Content on the local session and with the tvOS on different devices like 1080p tv and 2160p projector is that a way to playback the best Video experiance...

To play Atmos TureHD i have to change the audio Setting to passtrough the audio directly to the avr and only if the avr can handle this i can play Atmos TrueHD, right? The ATV out of the box cant handle this, or?

My last question is: The Integration of the emby Server in infuse is very easy. Right now i've got my main folders like movies, tv Shows ... is it possible to get the newest Content on the main page of infuse like emby it does?

Sorry for my bad english...

Apple TV does not support Atmos TrueHD because audio passthrough is not supported. Infuse decodes TrueHD to LPCM but it doesn't support TrueHD passthrough  because Apple TV does not support that. If Atmos TrueHD is decoded to LPCM, Atmos metadata is lost. Asking Atmos TrueHD for Apple TV is asking for the impossible, at least nowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users