Smart playlist by filename: What names does Kodi "see"?

AllesMeins

TeamB

What happens when I delete the playlists complete? Will emby create it correct new after restart?

Sorry I don't know.

You could try removing your playlist dir, keep a backup, and restart Emby but I don't know if that would work.

• Like 1

That did the trick... I removed playlists completely and now its the right content after pull back my backup everything works...

Thanks again and keep the good work!

• 1 month later...
riothamus

I have a question along the same lines.  I have two smart-playlists that I use in Kodi.  If I use them with local media, or with the Emby for Kodi plugin they work just fine.  But with Emby Connect they do not.  As I understand it, this is because Emby Connect does not populate the local Kodi database, which the smart playlists would source for its media.

What is the method (if there is one) to use to re-write my smart playlists to work with Emby Connect?

1 hour ago, riothamus said:

I have a question along the same lines.  I have two smart-playlists that I use in Kodi.  If I use them with local media, or with the Emby for Kodi plugin they work just fine.  But with Emby Connect they do not.  As I understand it, this is because Emby Connect does not populate the local Kodi database, which the smart playlists would source for its media.

What is the method (if there is one) to use to re-write my smart playlists to work with Emby Connect?

Hi, there is a community plugin for smart playlists that you can check out. Built-in support is planned for the future. Thanks.

TeamB
2 hours ago, riothamus said:

I think you mean EmbyCon? Not emby connect.

If you are talking about Kodi smart playlists then you are correct they will never work with EmbyCon.

You need to set up your playlists in Emby on the server and then you can view and play then in Kodi using EmbyCon.

There is an Emby server plugin that can set up smart playlists on the server for you:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82776-new-plugin-smartplaylists/

riothamus
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

I think you mean EmbyCon? Not emby connect.

If you are talking about Kodi smart playlists then you are correct they will never work with EmbyCon.

You need to set up your playlists in Emby on the server and then you can view and play then in Kodi using EmbyCon.

There is an Emby server plugin that can set up smart playlists on the server for you:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82776-new-plugin-smartplaylists/

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.  I figured that the video nodes coming in from EmbyCon were quite different from those in a local database.  I'll take a peak at that plugin.