Smart playlist by filename: What names does Kodi "see"?

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I'm trying to find a working solution for the "TV Show universes"-Problem (e.g. playing the episodes of the Arrowverse in the right order). One (manual) solution that is posted often in the Kodi-Forums ist to rename the episodes in the right way - adding a prefix like AV00010 in front of every file name and then creating a smart playlists filtered by this prefix and sorted by filename (https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe). My question: Would this work with an emby-server as well?

Does kodi get the real filenames or does emby obfuscate them in some was? If so: Is there any other way this could be done (maybe create the smart playlist in emby and sync it? Or some completely different approche?)

I'm using emby 4.4.0.40
Kodi 18.6

Embuary to connect these two

Hi, in Emby Server you could just create a playlist of these episodes and then not have to do any file renaming.

AllesMeins

But can emby sync playlists to kodi? That was my first approach and to me it seemed as if that doesn't work...

AllesMeins

Thanks! I've been using emby for kodi until now, but I will give embycon a try and see if it works

AllesMeins

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm lost here - I created two Test-Playlists in emby but the won't show up anywhere in Kodi (neither with Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon). There is no "Playlist"-Widget or Hub I could create on my home screen and if I navigate through the menus (Videos -> Playlists) I only get one playlist called Movies and one called Shows (these are my two Emby libraries) and the option to create a new smart playlist. So what am i doing wrong? Is the sync not working correctly? Or am I looking in the wrong places for my playlist?

TeamB

In EmbyCon the playlists should show up umder the main addon menu here:

Add-ons -> EmbyCon -> Emby Libraries-> Playlists

Edited by TeamB

AllesMeins

It's me again - unfortunately I hit another roadblock. I found the synced playlists, but had to discover that the order of the playlist-elements is not synced. I created my playlist in emby in the order I'd like to see but in Kodi all the elements are ordered by episode number (s01e01 of each show, than s02e02,...). There is a "Order playlist by"-setting in kodi but non of the options preserves the original order.

Edited by AllesMeins

TeamB

In Kodi when viewing a playlist you need to set the sort order on your view to default, then back out of the playlist and then re enter it.

This should then user the server supplied order of items.

Edited by TeamB

• 1 month later...

Sorry but I must ask...

I had playlists in emby but in embycon I don't see it? I'm on last embycon 1.9.77

post-193234-0-25953500-1589626143_thumb.jpg

post-193234-0-25215800-1589626151_thumb.jpg

TeamB

In EmbyCon the playlists should show up umder the main addon menu here:

Add-ons -> EmbyCon -> Emby Libraries-> Playlists

TeamB

No it's not there under libraries...

Do you see the playlist in the Embry Web Client interface using the same user? Edited by TeamB

TeamB

Are you able to turn on EmbyCon debug logging in the EmbyCon addon settings under advanced then accesses the Embry library node in EmbyCon like you have above in Kodii then pm me your Kodi log.

TeamB

Ok I can see the Wiedergabelisten item in the returned data but the item does not have a "CollectionType" at all.

it should have a content type of "playlists" like the following:

"CollectionType": "playlists"

but it has no CollectionType entry at all.

@@Luke is this normal?

• Like 1

Somehow it became mixed content? That's strange. What do you see in the web app when you click on it?

@@Luke Think you mean me? Here a screenshot of my playlists...

Some are smartplaylists from the plugin smartplaylist.

post-193234-0-98009700-1589734196_thumb.jpg

Edited by bgx

@@pünktchen That is long day ago... Think back in november or dezember 2019. This was the time I migrated the server from odroid xu4 to odroid h2. But moment... in January 2020 I migrated the odroid h2 from linux to windows... That was the time I used the backup plugin last time...

What happens when I delete the playlists complete? Will emby create it correct new after restart?

Edited by bgx