Photo

IPTV Stuttering

Best Answer mickle026 , 28 March 2020 - 01:55 PM

Now you found the reason why you are getting stuttering , ie cpu at 99%, you need to determine why its at 99%

1st to try is reboot Emby Server.  Sometimes on live tv a shared pipe sevice (you dont need to know what that is) can still run after channels have stopped playing.  This leaves ffmpeg open and transcoding to disk, this can be seen in the transcoding temp dir as it creates huge files the longer its been running.  Rebooting emby server cancels them and removes the temp files.  This is caused by a client exiting a selected channel as its starting but not quite playing yet.  These should terminate but very occasionly don't.  Rebooting the server (not the PC) sorts this out.  A running ffmpeg service hogs some of the cpu.

otherwise

Open task manager, click the performace tab.

You can see if HDDs are at 100% too or not and memory usage is high.  That'll show if something else is using them or if windows is probably using virtual memory.  If it is then that too is reading/writing to the disk.

If just the CPU is high then check running processes.  Some things like the indexing service can sometimes become corrupt .

If CPU + Memory + HDD is high then try unloading some processes, skype is a big *bleep* for making the disks access constantly.

There are 100's of things that can cause this, you need to narrow it down.

The Processes tab will show you what is using the most of everything.

Run Disk Check  - Scandisk /f

Go to the full post