Update 4.4.0.40 Roku App

techman2005

techman2005

After updating Emby to 4.4.0.40 I am able to stream fine from the web but when accessing content from Roku I am having issues with really slow loading and once it loads after a few min it starts loading again.  So far from my observations  It appears to be more of an issue when watching content that needs to be transcoded.  Any Suggestions?

--Loads fast and has no issue on ios but I noticed that it is direct streaming 

techman2005

See attached Logs. After being stuck on the loading screen it eventually loaded and then played fine. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

ffmpeg-transcode-2cab7ec6-eab3-4753-80b5-3dbcbbe41f29_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-50d12e71-f32a-48a5-9c73-9a59fb39ce5e_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-f1bb3396-6927-42a1-b355-72543216f331_1.txt

damelloman

Just a little reminder and sorry if I insult anyone's intelligence.  Be sure to reboot those Roku's every so often. 

My lady and I were watching a movie this weekend and it kept loading, would play for a few seconds, go back to loading, and even got a network error. 

Netflix worked fine.  Did a reboot of the Roku and the movie worked perfectly.  

Just trying to be helpful.  I think i'll make a snapshot of my current Emby and update.  Better safe than sorry. 

Hope you all are staying safe!

Thanks Luke for all your badass-ery and this amazing server/application!

techman2005

So I changed the playback quality to 720pHD-10Mbps and it loads quicker and has not froze and gotten the loading bar in my quick 15-min test. 

techman2005

I had experienced some weird stuff happen on an older ipad hard time resuming content after pausing and I had an instance where to content stopped and would not continue playing.

I manually set the playback quality to 720 and things seem to be more responsive I will need to test more.   Will this manual playback setting need to be set on all devices? Will there be a fix for this?

I manually set the playback quality to 720 and things seem to be more responsive I will need to test more.   Will this manual playback setting need to be set on all devices? Will there be a fix for this?

Yes but you might not need it on all devices so I would make sure to try it out.

This isn't necessarily a problem that needs to be fixed, it just means that for this device and the network connection that it has, this is probably the most it can handle.

Nothing that would affect the maximum available bitrate. What you could try to do is disconnect the power from your router for a minute and then plug it back in. See if that clears up any possible network congestion.

techman2005

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I don't think the problem is with the network I am in IT  and I tend to put in place enterprise solutions for my networks router/firewall etc.. according to my diagnostics it doesn't seem to be the network I have great throughput and low latency. 

-I did notice when I upgraded to 4.4 a lot of dependencies were updated as well I winder those changes are causing this. It definitely changed right after I did the upgrade so it has to be related in some way. 

-It worked great on Emby 3.4 no issues with no device.

--Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

techman2005

I rebooted everything including the server and things seem to be running better. Thanks for your help.