How to play music to server's speaker output

mandysedai

mandysedai

I setup Emby on a RPi, imported all our music (music only) and can access web interface fine.  Can play music on laptops via web interface, on Android phones, etc.  That is all working fine.

I want to be able to Cast to/Play to the RPi server's headphone jack audio output.  It is connected to an old stereo receiver and stereo system.  This seems like it should be easy but I just can not figure it out.

FYI, I did test the audio output on the RPi with omxplayer and it is working fine.

mandysedai

Thanks!  Working now.  Have been remotely logging in to RPI and command line only.  So used VNC to run web app, then it can be running there without a need to have a monitor and everything hooked up to it.  Don't even need to keep my VNC connection open.  I did install emby theater app, but haven't committed to a membership yet, so apparently it's locked out.

Will need to manually re-set this up anytime RPI restarts.  Is there a better option?

Yes you'll need to set it back up when it restarts.

Ultimately with theater we want to come up with a way to send it commands even when it's not running but we're not quite there yet.

• Like 1