4.4.0.40 not showing up in Package Manager to update Server

trmentry

trmentry

Hello,

I went into my admin panel of Emby to do some artwork changes.  And it was saying there was an update to 4.4.0.40.  However when I log into my 1019+ the package manager says there isn't anything to update to.

Emby is my only 3rd party package source.   not exactly sure what is going on or how to force a check on it.   I did try and just restart Emby via the package manager but didn't help.

Thanks

Hi, the Synology updates generally run a couple days behind. It should be available soon. Thanks.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Are you still pursuing getting Emby added to the store?  Would that make it go any faster

• Like 1

trmentry

Hi, the Synology updates generally run a couple days behind. It should be available soon. Thanks.

Thanks for the info.  I was kinda suspecting that, but wasn't sure.  

Be safe all.

solabc16

Hello Folks

To save repeating myself, you can get a sense of where we are currently here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77958-we-need-new-beta-update/?p=860296

Once we've completed testing, we'll get the latest stable released - I'll be prioritising the builds based on platform popularity, to cover as much ground as quickly as is possible.

Hopefully we'll have this with you by the end of the week, keep a lookout for updates on the forum.

Best

- James

• Like 1

milonedp

Thanks, is there a way to NOT have the dashboard update till it's actually ready?  I don't usually log onto DSM, I only go when I see the notice in Emby.

skynet600

Perhaps having the package downloadable for manual install could also be an option?

solabc16

Hello @@skynet600

If the package is available, it will be available to install. Just bear with us, the world is a little upside down for us all at the moment.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello Folks

Please read this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83991-44040-not-showing-up-in-package-manager-to-update-server/?p=860299 and this  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77958-we-need-new-beta-update/page-4&do=findComment&comment=860296.

It should be quite clear to everybody right now that we are not operating in anything approximating a 'normal' world, so bear with us and I'll post updates here as we get this done.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16
  • Like 2

speedy78

I think everyone complaining is right. You can download the latest version for every system, but not for synology every time.

Its always the same and has nothing to do with corona.

Why is there no download for manual installation on synology systems only ?

Thats an unfair situation since many years !

Now during this pandemic, its possible that it will takes more than the usally week until its shown on DSM.

Is there anybody working at synology ? Many companies are closed now in Germany - IT companies are mostly working or just from home office.

Many other people are sitting at home, don´t work - Yes there a greater problems, but this people would be lucky not have to wait 1-2 weeks for the synology version.

If the developer can send the download to Synology, he can put it on the download section too - thats taking less than a minute and saves many people a lot of time to login the DSM and check it 10 times over 1-2 weeks ...

Many of us are waiting for bugfixes for bad bugs over a year ! A lot of time and too much to be still patiently.

Emby shows the message "Log into DSM for update" days too early - its not synchron with the de facto download / update possibility in DSM.

• Like 1

Going forward after the 4.4 release we will improve the Synology update notifications. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

solabc16

Hello @@speedy78, All

Do you actually realise Synology support is a an open source / community effort, there is no commercial element and nobody is being remunerated for making it available to the community.

So folks, you need to get off your soapbox and whatever it is you believe you are entitled to put it in context.

I've provided you with an update on what is happening specifically with this release. Have a look back over the forums for the last 3+ years and see what we took Emby Server on the Synology/XPEnology platform from and to.

A few thank you emails from the thousands of users that run Emby Server on these platforms would be preferable to this nonsense.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16
  • Like 7

G1zm0

Dear @@solabc16,

I just want to express my appreciation at your polite replies to the questions about the new release. I think my replies would have been different.
The "old" stable version is working fine. I benefit more from a good tested new release (I read somebody lost his collection etc..)
Take as long as you need.

Stay safe & Healthy

Edited by G1zm0
  • Like 5

I will lock this to prevent further escalation. We all thank @@solabc16 for his efforts. The new stable release will be out as soon as possible, and then going forward after 4.4 we'll revamp the update notifications so that it doesn't show until it's actually available. Thanks.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

I will lock this to prevent further escalation. We all thank @@solabc16 for his efforts. The new stable release will be out as soon as possible, and then going forward after 4.4 we'll revamp the update notifications so that it doesn't show until it's actually available. Thanks.

Hello,

not on hurry for the synology update, I can understand the delays due to Sunology procedure.

Just I wanted to update Luke on this discussion, as he wrote that after version 4.4 notification problem will be solved.

But the problem is still there.

I have 4.4.0.40 on my synology, and today I received on my emby dashboard the notification that 4.4.1.0 is available for download, but on synology package center no update available.

Again I'm not on hurry, just wanted to update you on the situation.

Thanks for your Job.

Copied from Report Center.

@@Ric

Edited by Happy2Play