Music: use ID3 Tag Artist and Album Artist

Sysyphus_
Go to solution Solved by PenkethBoy,

Sysyphus_

Hello, first thank you for the great work for Emby.

I have few questions for music metadata. It seem that music don't use ID3 tags of my music files (FLAC). In the interface, for "Album Artist" and "Artists", I see artists that don't exist in my tags.

A concret exemple : album "Live from Mars" from "Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals" : I have tagged the album with "Ben Harper" for Artist and Artist Album but in metadata data I see "Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals". You can see screen catures if it's not clear. I have other album of Ben Harper so I see two entries in the Web UI with  Ben Harper and "Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals". I use MusicBrainz Picard for tagging so I've information from MusicBrainz like Emby. Same problem for a lot of other album...

So how I can use my ID3 Tags Artists and Album Artist to organise my Music library, specialy the Album Artist en Artists menu in the Web UI ?

How can I use my tag for metadata in Emby ?

Thank you for your help.

PS: Plz excuse my english.

5e77530b1bc95_file_tags.jpg5e775221c5303_meta.jpg5e7752eb0879c_UI.jpg

• Like 1

• Solution
PenkethBoy

quick idea as cant see all your tags

you changed the Artist and Album artist tags

but did you also amend the MusicBrainz ID's for the songs

as if they exist still as "Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals" that will be why they appear in the emby metadata

if you click on the MBz links on the album page in emby where does it take you - i would guess to "Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals" rather than Ben Harper

• Like 1

Sysyphus_

Fine, it works !! Thank you for the help.

An another question, perhaps you could help, do you kwon what tag is used to fetch data for the "Artists" menu ?

PenkethBoy

5e79026d376e3_Annotation20200323183827.j

Two artists and two MBz_ArtistID - separator can be / and ; - depends on MBz data

IIRC - the ID's are whats used - so if you have an ID then Artist get added as an artist if not already the AlbumArtist - which they are not in this case

Data came via Mbz Picard