Issues after upgrade to 4.4.0.40

Dariusz

Dariusz

So this is a first for me on what happened.. I did an upgrade from 4.3.1.0 to the new 4.4.0.40 the way I always do all code updates for emby. Once I did manual install from asustor gui, I turned off the app and turned it back on.. what happens is when I try to access the emby gui now all I get is emby logo screen and nothing happens. I did another reboot of the app and same thing again. I was unable to find the log file to send but in meantime when the app was off in asustor NAS, someone tried to access emby in my household and it worked.. I couldn't believe it, bit when I looked at the settings it said it was running old server 4.3.1.0.. I think for some reason the old server is hung running and update is somehow stuck.. using fire TV emby app u used option to send logs to developer. I am not sure where they were sent and if someone received them. If not I will try to get current logs and send them in morning on this site.. I was going to reboot the whole NAS but before doing that I want to ask one of the devs here if there is anything I should try before going that route..

Well that should be fine, but try:

http://NAS_IP:8096

If there's still a problem then please capture the contents of the browser debug console. Thanks.

It looks like you're back on 4.3 somehow. Can you try installing the package again on top of your installation? Then i would also reboot the NAS just in case. Thanks.

PedrodePaula

Boa noite, atualizei o emby para a ultima versão, no caso 4.4.0.40, mas agora não esta mais baixando as informações (Metadados). Alguém poderia me informar porquê esta acontecendo isso? Muito Obrigado.

Dariusz

It looks like you're back on 4.3 somehow. Can you try installing the package again on top of your installation? Then i would also reboot the NAS just in case. Thanks.

so in past I had this issue, where after upgrading the server GUI showed new version of emby installed and the emby app old version.  i had to turn off the emby server manually in GUI and back on and then usually all was back in sync.  this was the first time where turning off server in GUI did not actually turn it off and i had emby logo stuck on web browser.  I did a server reboot as you mentioned since it was probably only way to restarted the EMBY server at this point.. and seems to have worked now.  thank you for your help.

For information, i had the same issues as Dariusz when upgrading to 4.4.0.40 version on my Asustor 6404T.

Seems like the upgrade process not really starts until you reboot the NAS, which usually is not necessary when upgrading apps.

Anyway after the reboot and some time, emby works as a dream again. Thanks for the upgrade!

• Like 1

For information, i had the same issues as Dariusz when upgrading to 4.4.0.40 version on my Asustor 6404T.

Seems like the upgrade process not really starts until you reboot the NAS, which usually is not necessary when upgrading apps.

Anyway after the reboot and some time, emby works as a dream again. Thanks for the upgrade!

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
geoff511

Using a Asustor AS7008T

Re above problem on updates - I have found it always best after the update process finishes to restart the Emby server via App Central - slide Emby off  - wait a few secs - slide Emby back on.

For some reason the Asustor seems hold a 'shadow' of the old installation and so does all sorts of funny things.

Dariusz

Just to give another update, the last two updates I did I followed the following procedure and it has worked like a charm so far..

i shut down emby server using the option in emby server settings.  then i go to asustor app central and disable emby server using the slider.  I then do a manual install of emby server from asustor app central.  usually emby server gets re-enabled after install, but if it doesn't i just slide the slider back to on.  wait a couple minutes for emby server to start up and all should be back to normal.  this has been working for me for past couple updates we had.