Can't install update or beta on Shield

Beefy Banana

Beefy Banana

I just got a notification that there was an update for the server on my Shield, 4.4 I believe. Downloaded it through Chrome but after the 'staging app' screen when I click Install I immediately get an 'App not Installed' message. Tried downloading it to various places, internal drive, connected drive but exactly the same behaviour. I then tried the beta as well, but again exactly the same thing.

I'm not really sure what else I can try other than uninstall the current version, which is 4.3.1.0 but obviously that's a last resort as it's going to mean setting everything up again and will take a long time.. Has anyone else had a similar issue or have a fix? Maybe I'm being stupid?

I should say I'm on the Hotfix path on the Shield 8.0.2 as I was losing HDMI sync constantly, which the hotfix seems to have sorted, but I'm not sure whether this would make any difference?

Beefy Banana

Yes I did, not an SD card exactly but an external drive that is formatted as internal storage. Does that make a difference in updating?

Edited by Beefy Banana

Beefy Banana

Hi, did you install the server onto an sd card?

Yes I did, not an SD card exactly but an external drive that is formatted as internal storage. Does that make a difference in updating?

We added an entry to the manifest that going forward only allows installation on internal storage. I'm going to remove that and give you an updated apk to see if that lets you install it.

Beefy Banana

We added an entry to the manifest that going forward only allows installation on internal storage. I'm going to remove that and give you an updated apk to see if that lets you install it.

Ah, great, I appreciate that, I'll give it a try

Beefy Banana

Ok great. The update has fixed the issue I was having with music artwork and it's all working as intended now so thanks again!