Emby keep crashing avery day

alext41

alext41

at the moment no crash from my side after ~1week. Only the process takes up more and more memory. I restarted it now because i changed back to the realtime monitor for each my libraries. I see when this is running it takes up more memory as before. But all good right now. I think the problem is that the out of the box Synologys have only 1GB and with that the memory will run low and synology maybe stop the process.

• 2 weeks later...
yarez0
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Has it happened again?

Yep, yesterday, app stopped in packet manager without any reason 

alext41
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Has it happened again?

For me Emby is now running more then one week after server memory upgrade without problems. Process is now at around 600MB

bobaldis
On 6/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, please PM me the log file. Thanks.

Hi,

I noticed it stopped today, I haven't used for a little while, is there a way to locate the probable last log entry so I can send the appropriate log?

Bob

bobaldis
On 7/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, bobaldis said:

Hi,

I noticed it stopped today, I haven't used for a little while, is there a way to locate the probable last log entry so I can send the appropriate log?

Bob

Stopped again, any guidance on the right log file to send?

Bob

yarez0
2 hours ago, alext41 said:

Update from my side:

Emby is now running without any problems for ~ 3 weeks.

mine still crash..

[EDIT]

just crash with TOO MANY OPEN FILES, got all logs before restarting the app.

@Luke any help ? thx 

embyserver.txt embyserver-63730627200.txt embyserver-63730713599.txt embyserver-63730886400.txt ffmpeg-transcode-214a7a9a-db6d-45d7-b7c7-613671a4d4dc_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-d314346a-c549-4e46-b5c7-82a031541c26_1.txt start-stop-status_20200718.log start-stop-status_20200721.log

Edited by yarez0

yarez0
1 hour ago, Luke said:

For those interested in testing new things:

Thanks.

just updated to the beta, let's see if the app continue crashing

On 7/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, yarez0 said:

just updated to the beta, let's see if the app continue crashing

How has it gone?

yarez0
On 7/29/2020 at 7:22 PM, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

all good ! just an error for plug in update check after an update of cinema mode but a reboot of the server and everything's fine

Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

question @Luke, if there is an update of the beta, do I have to download and update manually or the server can update itself like the stable release ? 

With this new package you have to download and install over the top. We're working on getting into the official Synology app store.

yarez0
On 8/1/2020 at 3:31 PM, Luke said:

With this new package you have to download and install over the top. We're working on getting into the official Synology app store.

Ok. Which topic have I to follow to be aware of updates ?

3 minutes ago, yarez0 said:

Ok. Which topic have I to follow to be aware of updates ?

Updates to what? Your server dashboard will notify you when an update is available.

yarez0
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Updates to what? Your server dashboard will notify you when an update is available.

Updates of betas. I did not understood what you meant sorry. I understood that I had to follow the release beta topic to be aware of updates, download manually spk and install. (Translation problem)

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tobar said:

so what is the final solution? update to the last beta version?

That or wait for the beta release to go stable.