Emby keep crashing avery day

alext41

Emby Server 4.4 is starting to roll out for Synology. I apologize for the delay.

• Like 1

alext41

Updated the server to 4.4.1.0, and again the server was halted (crashed) today in the morning.

Can this be the case as both USB HDD (USB1 & USB2) are not always connected to the server? I only connect the HDD to it when we would see a old Film.

Here is the last log when it happens:

thx

Alex

embyserver-63721949108.txt

surraender

It's still the same for me. The Server starts normally and starts scanning the library. While doing this the ram usage of the disk station gets higher and higher. At the beginning Emby is working normally. In the end It is reacting very slowly (In the web browser). Then the server stops running. I think it has been like this at least for 4 weeks now.

Attached is the log file.

embyserver-63721979649.txt

surraender

updated to 4.4.2.0 today but it is still the same :( Does Anybody think a clean reinstall would help?

Thanks...

As a test, can you try uninstalling the port mapper plugin, then restart the server and see if that helps? Thanks.

alext41

As a test, can you try uninstalling the port mapper plugin, then restart the server and see if that helps? Thanks.

Hi again, so Emby keeps crashing every day :(. Its not really useful like it is at the moment.

attached is the latest log

thx

@@lex

embyserver-63722475675.txt

Hi again, so Emby keeps crashing every day :(. Its not really useful like it is at the moment.

attached is the latest log

thx

@@lex

As a test, can you try turning off the realtime monitor for each of your libraries, then restart Emby Server and see if that helps? thanks.

• Like 1

alext41

As a test, can you try turning off the realtime monitor for each of your libraries, then restart Emby Server and see if that helps? thanks.

Turned off realtime monitoring, and again it "crahsed". Controlled it again and i see in all libraries the realtime monitoring is turned off.

What i see at the moment this always happens to ~10:00 GMT+1.

Its turned off but still see this 2 log lines:

2020-04-15 09:59:56.032 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/camerauploads

2020-04-15 09:59:56.623 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

and a few lines with updated for series:

2020-04-15 09:59:43.786 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 153021, language de

2020-04-15 09:59:43.786 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/153021/all/de.zip

Edit: i See a planned task that runs every 12 hours to Scan media library. So i turned it now off for testing.

embyserver-63722564079.txt

Edited by alext41

Turned off realtime monitoring, and again it "crahsed". Controlled it again and i see in all libraries the realtime monitoring is turned off.

What i see at the moment this always happens to ~10:00 GMT+1.

Its turned off but still see this 2 log lines:

2020-04-15 09:59:56.032 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/camerauploads

2020-04-15 09:59:56.623 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

and a few lines with updated for series:

2020-04-15 09:59:43.786 Info App: Updating series from tvdb 153021, language de

2020-04-15 09:59:43.786 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/153021/all/de.zip

Edit: i See a planned task that runs every 12 hours to Scan media library. So i turned it now off for testing.

You'd have to also turn it off for your collections and camera upload libraries, and then restart the server afterwards.

alext41

You'd have to also turn it off for your collections and camera upload libraries, and then restart the server afterwards.

This is already turned off, i don't know why this is shown:

see both screen shots.

or is this somewhere else?

post-261732-0-69152500-1586966137_thumb.png

post-261732-0-35512400-1586966143_thumb.png

halvdan

Any updates on this issue? I'm on v4.4.2.0 and emby crashes every other day.

Did not have this issue on previous versions of emby.

I've tried uninstalling plugins to no avail.

Another thing I have noticed with v4.4.2.0 is that sometimes, quite randomly, it takes more time to login/authenticate to the server. Coupled with random crashes. Both locally and remotely

cochize1

Since updating to the last stable 4.4.2.0 from previous 4.3 I get feedback from my remote users that server stops responding. I check it then and I cannot access server even locally (though it never happened to me when using it at home). At first I thought that it is because I ran low on memory in my two 4TB disks but I left 100Gb free space at each and it happened again just now.

DiskStation itself is responding you can't just access Emby server so I end up restarting the whole Synology and then it all works again. I didn't have that problem before the update (I think) and it could ran for days and days without reboot.

Attached are the latest logs, could you please take a look into that.

Thanks

ffmpeg-remux-62951b78-3036-4b94-a07a-c4be5e60de42_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-07b89b30-5f0a-4505-975d-34cbe7b0e01b_1.txt

embyserver.txt

cochize1

I started new topic without realising it is a HOT one at the moment, so I'll just gonna copy and paste it here:

Since updating to the last stable 4.4.2.0 from previous 4.3 I get feedback from my remote users that server stops responding. I check it then and I cannot access server even locally (though it never happened to me when using it at home). At first I thought that it is because I ran low on memory in my two 4TB disks but I left 100Gb free space at each and it happened again just now.

DiskStation itself is responding you can't just access Emby server so I end up restarting the whole Synology and then it all works again. I didn't have that problem before the update (I think) and it could ran for days and days without reboot.

Attached are the latest logs, could you please take a look into that.

Thanks

ffmpeg-remux-62951b78-3036-4b94-a07a-c4be5e60de42_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-07b89b30-5f0a-4505-975d-34cbe7b0e01b_1.txt

embyserver.txt

cochize1

I have deleted Playback Reporting plugin 2 days ago like you suggested in other post (although I liked it a lot) and since then seems to be ok. If anything changes I will let you know and also I would like to have a feedback when it is safe to use that plugin again (if that was a culprit).

halvdan

Any updates on this issue? I'm on v4.4.2.0 and emby crashes every other day.

Did not have this issue on previous versions of emby.

I've tried uninstalling plugins to no avail.

Another thing I have noticed with v4.4.2.0 is that sometimes, quite randomly, it takes more time to login/authenticate to the server. Coupled with random crashes. Both locally and remotely

I tried the beta version, 4.5.0.6. In hopes of solving the problem. It did not.

So I went over the logs and found an error report: Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept

The server would always crash after a while when browsing remotely on https. Remote access was setup after this guide https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160086-secure-your-server this worked great on version 4.3.x.x.

So I decided to try the daunting task of trying to set up reverse proxy. To see if this had something to do with Emby's handling of https authentication/certificates

This was surprisingly easy to do on DSM though. And the problem was solved.

I did have to renew my Emby certificate manually two weeks ago. It could have something to do with that. But in my recollection this started after upgrading from version 4.3 to 4.4.x.x 

Anyways, this is fixed in my case

cochize1

It just crashed again a moment ago, attached are the logs from before the reboot of my NAS (it is rebooting as I write this) and I was notified by one my users that is accessing my server remotely via mydomain.com BUT it is http:// not https:// ?

embyserver.txt

Edited by cochize1

surraender

Sorry for the late reply. I uninstalled the port mapper plugin and anything else not totally necessary. But still the server crashes. Attached is a fresh log.

embyserver-63723609725.txt

cochize1

And again, Emby crashed just now during just 1 user watching Homeland season finale. So I rebooted the DSM and forgot to save the logs. The is the same user that reported that to me last time. It seems really wierd and I would have blamed myself for messing something up if it weren't for so many people having the same issue. I uninstalled both plugines mentioned before, Port Mapper and Playback Reporting so that's not that. My guess, it is something to do with remote connection.

Please let us know if you are working on that or where to look for a fix?

Edited by cochize1

cochize1

Another day, another crash. The server just freezes. Today I noticed that myself while browsing locally but at the same time 2 of my users were watching something  and the server froze when another tried to connect (I think). ANY idea on where to start to look?

1. Should I make it https:// and try reverse proxy as mentioned above?

2. Maybe it is due to low capacity of my two discs (60GB and 70GB of free space)?

3. Maybe it has to do something with port forwarding from emby port 8096 to mydomain.com port 80?

I will take any help I can, anyone?

embyserver.txt

Edited by cochize1
  • Like 1

surraender

Hi,

I'm also still waiting for a solution. couldn't use my system for 6 weeks now.

Are you working on a solution, as I see nobody downloaded cochize1's log?

If there is anything I can do to help, please let my know. I'm willing to test things as Emby is unusable at the moment.

Thanks!

cochize1

Are you still running into this?

Hi,

I'm also still waiting for a solution. couldn't use my system for 6 weeks now.

Are you working on a solution, as I see nobody downloaded cochize1's log?

If there is anything I can do to help, please let my know. I'm willing to test things as Emby is unusable at the moment.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply surraender. Lets keep this thread alive as from what I see and read on the forum there is something deeply wrong with the Synology built from 4.3+ and looks like nobody knows why. 

Yes, Emby server crashed again yesterday with 6 remote users watching at a time. Luckly I was at the NAS at the moment and could stop the Emby server in DMS and start it again without rebooting the whole thing. Nobody seems interested but here are the logs from right before the crash.

Luke, help us understand what is happening.

embyserver-63724226064.txt