ipv6 causing request failures

boardbum
Go to solution Solved by Perun696,

boardbum

Need some help.

Running emby on a vps under ubuntu 18.xx.  Emby is up to date 4.3.1.0

Identify is not working on movies.  I have dl'd several movies from torrents and the names look like this 1917.2019.BRRip.AC3.x264-CMRG. Renaming the files is not an option due to seeding. I've tried going into identify and setting the title to 1917 and the release date to 2019 and get a blank page as a result.  I've also tried doing this and adding the imdb#, just  the imdb#, themoviedb# and all manner of combinations but get no results.

I've rebooted emby and the entire system with no results.  Both imbd and themoviedb are selected for the library.

I haven't changed any settings so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

mastrmind11

that's odd, 1917 identified fine for me.  Mine shows tt8579674 as imdb id and 530915 as tmdb id.

boardbum

@@Luke Both imbd and themoviedb are selected for the library.

@@mastrmind11 those are what i put in the fields but got no result.

I tried deleting the nfo and refreshing metadata and identifying. Usually this creates a new nfo as i have that checked in the settings but it did not this time.

mastrmind11

@@Luke Both imbd and themoviedb are selected for the library.

@@mastrmind11 those are what i put in the fields but got no result.

I tried deleting the nfo and refreshing metadata and identifying. Usually this creates a new nfo as i have that checked in the settings but it did not this time.

are you seeing errors in your log that coincide with when you try to refresh metadata?

Edited by mastrmind11

All outgoing communications are failing and this is why the identify feature is returning no results. It's not just this function but other functions in the server as well are affected.

Generally this is caused by something blocking Emby Server from sending the requests, such as a firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into this? 

Perun696

Hi

have a similiar problem after upgrade to 4.4.0.40... wget and other connection are working from this server... If I try to identify a movie the I get this:

2020-03-24 19:39:43.288 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669
2020-03-24 19:40:03.292 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669 timed out
2020-03-24 19:40:03.309 Error ProviderManager: Error searching
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.4.0.40
        Command line: /opt/media/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /opt/emby-server/var -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
        Operating system: Unix 5.5.9.1
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Runtime: file:///opt/media/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /opt/emby-server/var
        Application directory: /opt/media/emby-server/system
        MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669 timed out
         ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
           at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
           at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetMovieDbResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)
           at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetTmdbSettings(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MovieDb.MovieDbSearch.GetSearchResults(ItemLookupInfo idInfo, String searchType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetMovieSearchResults(ItemLookupInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetSearchResults[TLookupType](IRemoteSearchProvider`1 provider, TLookupType searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults[TItemType,TLookupType](RemoteSearchQuery`1 searchInfo, BaseItem referenceItem, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
        TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
        InnerException: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
        Source: System.Private.CoreLib
        TargetSite: Void Throw()
           at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)

plugin updates are failed to...

Happy2Play

Not sure if it is the same issue that was reported for Windows, but it was a firewall issue.  User added Emby tcp port 8096 to the firewall and restarted system and that resolved their external connections time outs issue.

Perun696

negative... already found the solution - need to deactivate ipv6... but with older versions of emby it wasnt a problem... hmmmmm

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes there are reports of ipv6 having issues like this also.

boardbum

disable ipv6.  Is this a setting in emby or are you talking about in the OS's network connections.  

• Solution
Perun696

temp:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

permanent: vim /etc/sysctl.d/01-disable-ipv6.conf

and inside: 

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1

ip addr show | grep inet6

should show nothing

• Like 1

boardbum

temp:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

permanent: vim /etc/sysctl.d/01-disable-ipv6.conf

and inside: 

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1

ip addr show | grep inet6

should show nothing

the echo command gave a permission denied.

tried the permanent solution but even after running service procps start I still got results.  Not sure if the OS makes the difference - running Lubuntu 18.04 on my vps.

I assume I was creating 01-disable-ipv6.conf since it didn't exist.

I ended bup editing the  /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6 file directly. Not sure if that's right or if it will hold through a reboot but it worked.