Shaefurr's GameBrowser Icons (updated 5/8/15)

shaefurr

shaefurr

@@shaefurr, what's your latest mbt stuff? I'm unable to download using the link in the first post. It says the content is private.

Try it again, no idea how it got set to private so I made it public.

techywarrior

The new sets are nice, but how come the images are so huge? If I resave them in Photoshop for web at 80 quality they are 400k, at 100 they are 800k yet your versions are about 3mb.

Is there a reason for the images to be that high quality? If not it would save storage space on the server and all the clients (due to caching) not to mention the faster download speeds from the server.

shaefurr

The new sets are nice, but how come the images are so huge? If I resave them in Photoshop for web at 80 quality they are 400k, at 100 they are 800k yet your versions are about 3mb.

Is there a reason for the images to be that high quality? If not it would save storage space on the server and all the clients (due to caching) not to mention the faster download speeds from the server.

Are you talking about saving in the webp format? I didn't want to do that quite yet since it isn't widely supported yet. And I choose png over jpg because I still wanted something lossless. I can resave them in a different format if you want though

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

shaefurr

Is it possible to have a DS metro one please

Yeah i plan to finish this set but ill do the DS first if its all you're missing

techywarrior

Are you talking about saving in the webp format? I didn't want to do that quite yet since it isn't widely supported yet. And I choose png over jpg because I still wanted something lossless. I can resave them in a different format if you want though

lol, I didn't even look to see they were png files. Yea, JPEG is so much better in this instance (for my uses) I'll probably just wait for you to update Gen 2 with the missing consoles but I guess I'll have to resave all the images to JPEG to make them less crazy file size wise.

shaefurr

lol, I didn't even look to see they were png files. Yea, JPEG is so much better in this instance (for my uses) I'll probably just wait for you to update Gen 2 with the missing consoles but I guess I'll have to resave all the images to JPEG to make them less crazy file size wise.

After I finish the mb3 set ill just bulk convert all the sets to jpg so people can have their choice to download either png or jpg

shaefurr

Is it possible to have a DS metro one please

Here's one for the DSi, ill keep working on the rest of the MB3 set and try to finish it off. Download

zh5m.jpg

shaefurr

@@techywarrior updated the links on the main page, they're now jpg files, also added more icons to the MBT set I had sitting around. I'll re-add the png downloads at a later time. Each icon is between 600-800k now instead of ~3MB.

shaefurr

What are you using to make the tiles? Do you have a photoshop action or something?

Thanks

No im just using regular console images from the web, I crop them out as I like and then change the lightness to +100, then add the colored background. For example this is what I used for the DSi.

Unfortunately because of all the manual cropping needed on each image there's no way to make use of an action, or at least not one to save any time anyway.

I should also add the for a lot of consoles I have to make the image from scratch using shapes since there arn't any good top view pics available.

nintendo_dsi_pink_1-480x480.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

shaefurr

Preview of the rest of the MB3 icons, have about 7 more consoles ill finish tonight before I upload them.

j80x.png

• Like 2

shaefurr

MB3 pack is finished and uploaded, all 43 consoles included now, enjoy.

Updated the download link on the first page

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
AlwinHummels

Hello shaeffur,

Is it possible to make new genre gameicons in line with the new standard genre icons from MB I hope it's possible to make them from the old game icons you made.

i like to help if you like to share the base files :)

shaefurr

Hello shaeffur,

Is it possible to make new genre gameicons in line with the new standard genre icons from MB I hope it's possible to make them from the old game icons you made.

i like to help if you like to share the base files :)

Yeah I can work on some soon, I should have the template around here somewhere.. I just reformatted again since I got tired of my win 8 apps not working. I'll get photoshop back on here this week and work on em.

• Like 1

Tikuf

Awesome that will save me a ton of work the templates for the genres are available on git as is a ready made txt file for you to add the genres into.

templates> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/tree/master/images/imagesbyname/genre-psd

I also have an action (cs6) that will turn the thumb into the folder image if you need/want it give me a shout.

shaefurr

Awesome that will save me a ton of work the templates for the genres are available on git as is a ready made txt file for you to add the genres into.

templates> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/tree/master/images/imagesbyname/genre-psd

I also have an action (cs6) that will turn the thumb into the folder image if you need/want it give me a shout.

Sounds good I use CS6 anyway, I should still have a landscape to portrait action unless I lost it in the reformat, ill hit you up if I need it.

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

foolishly I darkened part of the center of each backdrop in the genre icons without using a layer, you can see from the first pic below in which I pulled the backdrop from the genre set, ill probably just redo them completely to match the rest of the genre icons, 2nd pic below.

v8zg.jpg

lwwu.jpg

• Like 1

Tikuf

Looks way cool well done (and don't you hate when you do stuff like that been caught by that a few times).