Xbox 1 - Suddenly, content no longer plays, just a spinning wheel

JBL

Subi_doo

*raises hand* I've been seeing the same since moving onto the most recent patch version.

Either flips between prompting me to buy premium until reboot the xbox one (that's both on the browser + app) & now seeing the same on ps4 too but no reboot fixes that :( Gives a permanent prompt for premium but was working fine prior to the update.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Subi_doo

FrostByte

*raises hand* I've been seeing the same since moving onto the most recent patch version.

Either flips between prompting me to buy premium until reboot the xbox one (that's both on the browser + app) & now seeing the same on ps4 too but no reboot fixes that :( Gives a permanent prompt for premium but was working fine prior to the update.

Did you try turning off "Instant On" before rebooting?  That has helped some.  The hard boot seems to clear something out for people.  

SaintsOracle777

All I get was looking into it. I feel dumb cause I have told a ton of my community and close friends to use this and there is no urgency to fix. Apparently this has been going on for awhile. My company works with a Xbox Distributor I spoke to him and he said "no fix then they will request to pull it from all microsoft products" I hope Emby actually takes this serious.

Subi_doo

So far that's been my method for the xbone, even sometimes kill killing the browser & restarting it has helped on that front.
As for the ps4 & it's multiples with others connected remotely on sub account to my admin (tested both on mines) seems now to have a similar layout to the xbones app design rather than the black browser previously that ps4 browser displayed.

Restarting hasn't helped on that front.

I've got pc, mobile & pad all behaving perfectly fine on viewing without premium so console limited is my thinking but it'll take chaps smarter than me to know the how as to the why since the patch kicked in.

Silly question but there's not a rollback feature on the server easier than editing the system files?

Silly question but there's not a rollback feature on the server easier than editing the system files?

I'm pretty sure at this point the server version is not related, it's just the timing of this event that makes it seem that way.

oceanclub

Yeah, something has gone pretty wrong with either the latest version of the Xbox One app, the server, or the combination of both. I got Emby before Xmas and it has been absolutely rock solid. Now in the past day or two I'm regularly getting:

* Stuttering movies (absolutely nothing different in my setup, streaming from a desktop via Ethernet)

* Freezing - app will simply stop responding and I have to reboot the Xbox

* Crashes - if I select a collection or a TV series

P.

oceanclub

Have you tried turning off Fast Start (or whatever it's called on XBX1)? For most people, that seems to solve the problem, even if it's not a permanent solution.

Turning off Instant On mode (https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/learn-about-power-modes) allowed me to play media, but with that the issue I mention in my previous post still occur.

P.

Subi_doo

@@Luke Just my thinking for what was purely from process of elimination :) Force of habit from the job, gone through messing about with my wee home network & no rollback on the consoles I could try without a full factory by the looks of it.

Groovy if I've came a bit late to the party on this, suppose a bit of good luck on my part then on the timing if the issue's already gotten a heads up.

Since I'm here anyway I got to say, class piece of work you've all put together, only been dabbling for a short while with this but enjoyed using it.

SaintsOracle777

Ok now I'm just aggravated, I turn on my Xbox after having to restart, and scrolling through my movies I hit select and all the sudden I am at my home screen. App keeps crashing.

Jesus Emby get it together...

Subi_doo

I can't say I've seen the same crashing or stuttering via the app myself, only installed it after the browser started prompting premium constantly.

As far to effects on films quality during playback, there's a couple that just plain freeze after a few minutes & always at the same point it replay from start but I'm putting that down to the file itself as they're pretty old skool kungfu flicks.  

What you mentioned though Saints does happen on ps4 browser, got that last night while checking out the heads up my mate gave me when his started playing up.

Pressing X to select a film acted like I'd hit O on the controller but jumped back the folder hierarchy twice.

Because I don't often use my ps4 to watch emby, normally gaming while the xbone does the streaming, which patch changed the ps4 UI from browser to app layout? I'd be interested in reverting to play more & see if can get the same glitch to work out what's going on.

@@Luke any tech specs we can provide from the consoles themselves to help out narrowing down the cause?

@@Luke any tech specs we can provide from the consoles themselves to help out narrowing down the cause?

I can reproduce this so I'm good right now as far as collecting information. I'm just trying to find a solution at this point.

• Like 2

FordGT90Concept

Is anyone here still on the 4.3 server?

4.5.0.2 here

5th day in a row streaming didn't work. My dad factory reset the Xbox One S trying to fix it. [facepalm.jpg]

4.5.0.2 here

5th day in a row streaming didn't work. My dad factory reset the Xbox One S trying to fix it. [facepalm.jpg]

You saw the workaround earlier in this topic, right?

Subi_doo

Disabled On mode was already switched off on my xbone prior to showing symptoms. Forgot to mention.  :wacko:

Now xbone won't play at all cept premium prompt on every restart.

Switched to tablet for now  ;)