Feature requests

dannymichel

Dibbes

I have no malicious intent, I'm only curious so I can know how to proceed

My question is how often are feature requests implemented?

It would seem popular feature requests that are years old haven't been implemented

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83810-improve-parental-locks/?p=858282

This has quite possibly been the most irritating issue with Emby. The standard responses on the FR's, as if the come from a drop-down list and then absolutely no information as to if it's even anywhere on a development schedule...

Dibbes

We're going as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

Luke, I'm not criticizing the speed of development at all... You guys give great support and bug-squashing is very very fast. I'm just saying that the lack of knowing what's on the docket, or knowing if something is even considered to be put on the docket, has been one of my major irritations. Even more so than the Apple TV issues, and that says something. That a request is made doesn't mean it will be implemented. No is an answer as well... but the lack of Yes/No and roughly when if yes would make a LOT of you users a lot happier than currently possible...

By the way, I have the impression that the same goes for a lot of forum users and beta testers... I'm not tell you anything new here... there's a whole list of topic regarding exactly this.

TeamB

Yes I think the canned responses on the feature requests could use some work.

The generic "Its a good idea for the future" is not helpful in any way, in fact I think that is doing more harm than good.

A better response would be.

Thanks for your suggestion, we take all requests and suggestions into account when planning work and try to prioritize highly requested and realistic requests as they come in however not all requests can be implemented.

• Like 1

dannymichel

@@TeamB i agree with @Dibbes 

I think users would appreciate knowing what is actually going to be worked on more than the type of 'response' we get.

TeamB

it is easy to see what is being currently worked on, just have a look at the Beta release notes, that is what is being implemented and worked on now:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases

What is in the future, well if you take the comments at face value, everything is, cos it is all a good idea and it is a good idea for the future.