Starting Emby Server Android beta 4.4.0.27 and .28, emby has become unusable

bawajose

bawajose

Hello Developer team, starting emby server for Android beta version 4.4.0.27, though the clients can connect to the server, the contents doesn't play.. it plays for a second initially and then stops beyond which it doesn't even work at all. I believed beta 4.4.0.28 would have fixed the issue but didn't. I run the emby server on the Mi Box S running android 9.0. I couldn't revert to the previous version and I believe android doesn't allow installing an apk with a lower version starting android 9.. this is my assumption. Please update the lower version code with a higher version number so that emby will at least be usable until you fix the issue. Thanks.

bawajose

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please see how to report a media playback issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/?view=getnewpost

Thanks.

Thanks Luke. It's unfortunately not a media playback issue. It's a problem with the server app. Let me brief you the scenario.. I restart the emby server and I try connecting via the browser or the emby android app, I'm able to login with my userid and start playing any video.. the video/audio plays for a couple of seconds and then stops beyond which I can't navigate to any of the videos since the emby server will become unreachable. This issue is across platforms.. android app or when using browser or emby theater on windows. i'll have to shutdown emby server and start again and the same repeats. Until beta version 4.4.0.26 everything was quite smooth and worked as expected. Thanks.