No compatible streams are currently available error after emby update

captainchadl

captainchadl

Hello I am having troubles viewing videos on the server. I started getting the error above so I decided to delete that jail and create a new jail. After creating the new jail and getting it up and running I am still getting the same error.  The jail is FreeBSD version 11.3 running on freeNas

I followed the install directions here https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html starting with installing packages. I am using the latest repository. I was able to get all packages listed except for samba 48, which could not be found so I did a "pkg search samba4" and found samba410 and installed it. My problem may be with using freeBSD version 11.3 instead of 11.2 and substituting the version of samba. I am attaching the server logs for further assistance.

Thanks,

Chad

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63720067767.txt

hardware_detection-63720066808.txt

hardware_detection-63720067840.txt

captainchadl

Well, if I do the installation again in the same jail with 4.3.1 already installed but do the beta release instead, will that possibly work?

captainchadl

Okay, so I did an update in the same jail using the beta version. I can now get a video to play. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Keep in mind when using this downloadable version, you're going to have to keep up with the latest every so often. Eventually as FreeBSD system libs are updated, the same thing will happen with the version that you've just installed.

captainchadl

You are welcome! I also appreciate the help.

Will a version other than beta be introduced that will work with 11.3?

makarai

You are welcome! I also appreciate the help.

Will a version other than beta be introduced that will work with 11.3?

Hey, if you are using 11.3+ you can install the MOST recent stable from the community plugin section i added it yesterday. Give that a try and report back. Obviously i tested it on my system and it worked right away, hope it does for you too.

post-165508-0-86140200-1584517174_thumb.png

Edited by makarai
  • Like 1

mueslo

Is 4.4.0.40 expected to work in a FreeBSD jail on FreeNAS 11.3-U1? I'm also getting the 'no compatible streams' thing after upgrading from 4.3.1.0 (IIRC).

Edit: Okay, it does work. The problem was my jail was telling me all packages were up-to-date, when they really weren't.

I did the following

pkg clean -a
pkg update -f
pkg upgrade

And then it worked again.

Edited by mueslo

• 1 year later...
msauve

Hi guys,

I've just updated my freeNas to TrueNas. He's the issue that I'm facing right now.

1. My old Emby server that was running on FreeNas isn't working at all  since the update :( You'll need to know that before, it was working quite grate and now something that I don't get. That's really sad. Is anybody have an Idea of how to resolve this issue?
  2. Finally, I've reinstall an other plugin on TrueNas but once I play a video it says : [No compatible streams are currently available] error after emby update. This appears on every single movie that I'm testing. All of my movies are in .MP4 and were woking just fine on FreeNas.

Can some one please help me on this issue. I really want to get my Emby back as soon as possible. :) 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards to all of you guys!!!

TrueNas_Version.PNG

PlugIn_infos.PNG

Emby_Infos.PNG

EmbyError.PNG

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, msauve said:

Hi guys,

I've just updated my freeNas to TrueNas. He's the issue that I'm facing right now.

1. My old Emby server that was running on FreeNas isn't working at all  since the update :( You'll need to know that before, it was working quite grate and now something that I don't get. That's really sad. Is anybody have an Idea of how to resolve this issue?
  2. Finally, I've reinstall an other plugin on TrueNas but once I play a video it says : [No compatible streams are currently available] error after emby update. This appears on every single movie that I'm testing. All of my movies are in .MP4 and were woking just fine on FreeNas.

Can some one please help me on this issue. I really want to get my Emby back as soon as possible. :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards to all of you guys!!!

TrueNas_Version.PNG

PlugIn_infos.PNG

Emby_Infos.PNG

EmbyError.PNG

Please post a server log, but a guess would be ffmpeg related.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/96063-playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available-please-try-again-later-or-contact-your-system-administrator-for-details/&do=findComment&comment=997469

msauve
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Hi,

Here are the logs. :) 
Hope it's what you're looking for me to give you.

I'll be waiting for you knews and I hope you'll have a great news for me ;)

Regards!!

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2a5a74fb-f43b-40da-b736-66ebe634404a_1.txt

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, msauve said:

Hi,

Here are the logs. :) 
Hope it's what you're looking for me to give you.

I'll be waiting for you knews and I hope you'll have a great news for me ;)

Regards!!

embyserver.txt 3.77 MB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-2a5a74fb-f43b-40da-b736-66ebe634404a_1.txt 2 kB · 0 downloads

The platform gurus will have to comment but Emby ffmpeg is not being used.

Command Line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz

MRobi
54 minutes ago, msauve said:

1: The old jail should have continued to functions, unless part of your upgrade from FreeNAS to TrueNAS including you upgrading the jails, which would then cause compatibility issues because you'd have a FreeBSD 11 based app running in a FreeBSD 12 jail....

2: I'm just taking a guess here, but you I'm betting you installed via the community plugin? There was a period a few weeks back where the community plugin installed another version of ffmpeg on top of the bundled version, but that's since been corrected. If you installed during that time, that is likely the problem.

Although there's been a surge of users these past few weeks running into ffmpeg issues. The emby-server pkg should install the bundled version, and the community plugin is installing emby-server and no longer installing ffmpeg as a separate dependency. So I'm not really sure why this is still happening unless the emby-server pkg is installing the bundled version in the wrong place?

msauve
2 hours ago, MRobi said:

1: The old jail should have continued to functions, unless part of your upgrade from FreeNAS to TrueNAS including you upgrading the jails, which would then cause compatibility issues because you'd have a FreeBSD 11 based app running in a FreeBSD 12 jail....

2: I'm just taking a guess here, but you I'm betting you installed via the community plugin? There was a period a few weeks back where the community plugin installed another version of ffmpeg on top of the bundled version, but that's since been corrected. If you installed during that time, that is likely the problem.

Although there's been a surge of users these past few weeks running into ffmpeg issues. The emby-server pkg should install the bundled version, and the community plugin is installing emby-server and no longer installing ffmpeg as a separate dependency. So I'm not really sure why this is still happening unless the emby-server pkg is installing the bundled version in the wrong place?

I've just update FreeNas to TrueNas today march 28th. What are you recommending me to do ? Uninstall the old server and see what happens?

I really appreciate your help and I'm looking forward to be able to solve my issue :)

msauve
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

The platform gurus will have to comment but Emby ffmpeg is not being used.

How and where do I need to runn this particular command ? Also where should I be finding the exact version and way to write it into the { }. Thanks for your help ;) 

Look forward.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, msauve said:

How and where do I need to runn this particular command ? Also where should I be finding the exact version and way to write it into the { }. Thanks for your help ;) 

Look forward.

One of the guys for this platform will have to assist but we have had several topics on this particular issue recently.

msauve
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

One of the guys for this platform will have to assist but we have had several topics on this particular issue recently.

Great!!
I'll be waiting the help of the guys from this platform :D 👍

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, msauve said:

Great!!
I'll be waiting the help of the guys from this platform :D 👍

Don't know if it will work but have you tried this?  But it would appear platform developers are trying to get more information.

• Like 1

msauve
31 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't know if it will work but have you tried this?  But it would appear platform developers are trying to get more information.

Holly crap guys :)

You're such genious it worked !!!
But only for ONE movie :( Still some work around to be able to solve at a 100% my issue I guess 😕

I can't get back and running my other server :( Does someone has any clue on this. I would really like to get back all of my config and watch Movies and TV Shows. Can't even start it.

Hope to be able to save this one.

Thanks again for your precious helps guys!!

PreviousServer.PNG

Edited by msauve

DeeJaayMac

did you delete the jail that you're wanting your config from?

I've rebuilt mine multiple times (my own fault) and this time I'm backing up the config. It's not a huge deal and a lesson learned.

msauve
13 minutes ago, DeeJaayMac said:

did you delete the jail that you're wanting your config from?

I've rebuilt mine multiple times (my own fault) and this time I'm backing up the config. It's not a huge deal and a lesson learned.

No didn't delete my old. Hope you'll be able to help me on this part :)
Your previous topic helped me to solve the [NO COMPATIBLE STREAMS] that I had previously on my new Emby server. But it was solved only for one movie :( 

Edited by msauve

MRobi
12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

The issue with running pkg install ffmpeg as suggested here is that it installs the standard version of ffmpeg and doesn't use the bundled version. This will be fine for the majority of files but will still cause playback issues for some since it will be missing all the tweaks from the bundled version.