Mobile App Requests

mcoyle76

mcoyle76

I was going to purchase a subscription to Emby, but I see there are some things that I would like to see added, or fixed in the mobile app first.

1. The overview of the album does not show up in the mobile app, just the artist overview.

2. When you add songs to the playlist it doesn't check to see if there are already duplicates in your playlist, it would be a good thing to have it check to see if there are any duplicates in the playlist before a song is added, and to display what songs are added to a playlist from the albums.

3. It does not work in Android Auto as the Emby app doesn't show up in the list to choose from.

4. There is no cross-fade, cross-fade option in the settings to select from 0 seconds to 12 seconds, or something along that line would be good.

5. Also, when you scroll a playlist the title of the playlist, shuffle, download, favorite, and more buttons should stick while scrolling for easier access to them, or give you the option to make them stick.

6. The overview of the album, and artist overview need to have a more button when there is a lot of text, so you do not have to scroll forever if there is a long bio to get to the music or albums.

7. You should also be able to upload your own album artwork, artist picture, logo etc.

Rather than that the app loads faster, and seems to have a little more functionality than plex.

Thanks!

Edited by mcoyle76

6. The overview of the album, and artist overview need to have a more button when there is a lot of text, so you do not have to scroll forever if there is a long bio to get to the music or albums.

Hi there, welcome. Our latest updates should have this now.

mcoyle76

Thanks for the updates, one other thing that should be added is lyrics to the app, and all players.

One thing about about you guys at least you respond to posts, where plex you might not hear from them at all.

mcoyle76

I tested the Android Auto with Emby, and I know it is in beta, but the issues I have seen are you cannot shuffle a playlist, and when you choose your music library it just spins, and does not load.

Also, there should be an option within the app that lets you choose use low quality on cellular, so it streams your music files at a much lower bit rate, so it doesn't use up so much of your data. 

mcoyle76

OK, if you have the internet quality set to auto does it automatically adjust to a lower speed depending on your connection, so if you are on a cell tower will it slow the speed down, so you are not use so much data while streaming? 

At this time not during playback, rather it measures prior to playback. But it's something we're working on improving. Thanks.

mcoyle76

I know this is off topic, but how do I get my server connected to app.emby.media I put in my WAN address the servers local address, and the server name, and they all say connection failed. 

mcoyle76

I noticed when you download a playlist to your phone that the quality choices are in movie formats like mbps it dosent offer 320, 256, 192, 128, 96 type bit rates.

I know this is off topic, but how do I get my server connected to app.emby.media I put in my WAN address the servers local address, and the server name, and they all say connection failed. 

Do you have your server setup to be accessed from the Internet?

Have you tested in a web browser to make sure this works correctly?

mcoyle76

@@cayars It is connected to the internet as the app connects just fine. I was trying to connect to it via the browser off of my network on a computer over the internet.

Edited by mcoyle76

@@mcoyle76

If you run a port check from https://www.canyouseeme.org/ doe it show the Emby ports open or closed?

It could be you have a double NAT situation where you can't access the wan port from inside the network.

I might want to try a team viewer session with you to have a look and assist you.

mcoyle76

It appears there is something blocking my connection on my works network, as I am able to access the server on our public network from my phone using my WAN's IP and the port number in my browser.

However, I am able to go to plex's website and login there, and they have it setup to where I can access the plex server through their website, so I was seeing if emby's connect site would connect the same way.

Edited by mcoyle76

This could be two things.  First Plex can tunnel your video which affects the quality and Emby doesn't do this or it could be the app has been opened on the company firewall.

Often times the easy way around this with Emby is to set it up so that ports 80 and 443 are used on your wan port.  These are the normal web ports for unencypted and encrypted traffic so it will likely go through the firewall.

Yes, try that and make sure your home firewall is using port 80 for the outside interface and is redirecting this to port 8096 of the Emby machine.

Then set Emby via the web admin interface to port 80 or wan/internet traffic.

mcoyle76

OK, thanks for everyone's help, and answers. Emby seems to have a lot going for it, the support is better. There are some features, or minor improvements that need to be added. It would be nice if Emby had about all of the same features as plex, and spotify put together. I know I nit picked some features I would like to see, but I am just giving feedback.

mcoyle76

So I created a domain name, and a certificate, and set it all up on the server using IIS as I am running windows, and added to emby. I port forwarded on the router ports 80 and 443 to the server. However, if I go to my domain name the requests are handled by IIS stating there is no web page found. I set the Public http port number in emby to 80, and I set the Public https port number to 443. How do I tell IIS to send all port 80 and 443 requests to the emby server instead of IIS?

pir8radio

So I created a domain name, and a certificate, and set it all up on the server using IIS as I am running windows, and added to emby. I port forwarded on the router ports 80 and 443 to the server. However, if I go to my domain name the requests are handled by IIS stating there is no web page found. I set the Public http port number in emby to 80, and I set the Public https port number to 443. How do I tell IIS to send all port 80 and 443 requests to the emby server instead of IIS?

why are you using iis at all?   do you need it for something else?    IIS doesnt play well with emby if you are using it as a reverse proxy...    You cant just serve up the emby directory either, emby has to act as the web server (in case you were trying to do that).

mcoyle76

@@pir8radio I am trying to set up emby so I can access it via port 80 or 443 as the ports that emby uses are blocked at work, so I am trying to setup my own domain using a cert so I can connect to it using port 443. I found this post on the emby community on how to set up the certificate for emby, and they used iis to do it, but it didn't say how to connect iis to emby. If I did this wrong I can change it, I dont need to use iis, I just need a certificate, and for emby to use public ports 443 and 80. Do you have a better way to do this in windows?

pir8radio

@@pir8radio I am trying to set up emby so I can access it via port 80 or 443 as the ports that emby uses are blocked at work, so I am trying to setup my own domain using a cert so I can connect to it using port 443. I found this post on the emby community on how to set up the certificate for emby, and they used iis to do it, but it didn't say how to connect iis to emby. If I did this wrong I can change it, I dont need to use iis, I just need a certificate, and for emby to use public ports 443 and 80. Do you have a better way to do this in windows?

I think you may have found directions on how to use iis to generate a cert request?   does that sound right?    you dont really need IIS   you can get a cert that goes right into emby and you can set emby to use ports 80 and 443,   there are a few ways to get started like others said above you can either change your router/firewall where the emby server is located to forward ports 443 to 8920    and 80 to 8096    or you can set your firewall to forward 80 to 80 and 443 to 443 and just change your public AND private ports in emby to 80 and 443         emby also has a place to put the ssl cert.   

mcoyle76

I set port 80 on my router to forward to the server, and changed emby's public port to 80, and I could not access the emby server, this is before I setup iis.

Yes, I used iis to create a lets encrypt cert for my domain hoping I can use port 443 as well. I exported the cert, and added to emby.

Is there a better way to set this up, or to get a cert for my domain name?

I currently have it setup like this: domain name then the domain name forwards to a subdomain using no-ip as I do not have a static ip address, so I am using dynamic dns, then it goes to my router, then 80 and 443 are forwarded to the server, and right now iis is responding to the 80 and 443 requests.