Web App not applying all metadata

botbswco

botbswco

I've got my library set up with no external metadata providers enabled.  All my files are MP3 and all the tags contain all the metadata, including album covers, that I am interested in.  Emby is correctly populating the metadata from the MP3 tags, but no applying all the attributes in the interface:  After selecting the music library, Screen #1 opens.  Clicking on Album produces screen #2.  Clicking on Album Artist produces screen #3, Clicking on Artist produces screen #4.  Note:  The Album Artist and Album screens are different indicating it is picking up those individual tags correctly.  Clicking on Genre produces screen #5.  All looks correct here except that the cover graphics did not populate on the "Big Band" genre.  There are multiple albums and tracks in this genre and I have verified that they do have the album cover in their tags.Clicking on Songs produces screen #6.  All looks well here except that this is supposed to be sorted by Song Title, which it clearly is not.  In addition, if you click on any of the search letters to the right, the screen immediately scrolls to the bottom.

If I can provide any additional info, please let me know.

Thanks

Emby web app music issue.pdf

Hi, it's resolved for the upcoming 4.4 server release. If you refresh the metadata on your songs once you have the release, then the sort by title will work.

Ok no, we currently require folder structure for Albums, that means you need to have album folders with the songs underneath.

In this respect we are not 100% tag driven yet, although this is the last bit remaining.