Photo

Downloading issues with e-books/images. Movies/music work just fine.

download e-book image 4.4.0.26-beta

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 igorwulff OFFLINE  

igorwulff

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 09:50 PM
  • LocationDrenthe, the Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

Hello Emby,

A few days ago I opened a topic where I had problems with download issues on the latest stable version of Emby-server with a premier account. Movies and music content-types work just fine, but I am unable to download e-books or images. They just stall in the queue and block others downloads that come after them.

Since I was eager to see if the 4.4.0.26-beta would fix this, I've installed it on my server. But unfortunally I still notice the same issues and would like to try and see if I can help in beta testing this release and particulair this feature.

Are there any troubleshooting things I should try first or is there any info I can provide that you need to try and fix the issue with downloading these content-types?

Attached Files

Edited by igorwulff, 15 March 2020 - 03:22 PM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts
  • Local time: 04:50 PM

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:30 PM

HI there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

• igorwulff likes this

#3 igorwulff OFFLINE  

igorwulff

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:24 PM

HI there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

Hi Luke, I've attached them. I do notice some new DLNA errors... hmm, but I'm trying to download now from a remote location with my G5S Motorola with the Android app. So not sure if the DLNA errors are even relevant? I will await your answer/instructions.

#4 igorwulff OFFLINE  

igorwulff

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

Hi Luke, FYI I've updated to 4.4.0.27-beta but the problem persists, which I expected since the changelog didn't indicate anything about downloads. Do you need any more info or things I can try?

#5 igorwulff OFFLINE  

igorwulff

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:07 PM

Not trying to be irritating, but I was hoping this issue could get some attention?

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:00 PM

Have you tried creating a new download?

#7 igorwulff OFFLINE  

igorwulff

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

Hi Luke,

Yes, and I've kept my Android app and Emby server uptodate with the various beta releases.

However I do have one bit of success! A video *.avi file got succesfully downloaded from my "Home video's & foto's" library type.

It is just non-video files, like e-books and image files that won't start downloading. I've tried removing them from the queue various times and having a clean slate and waiting a long time for a download to happen. But without success... I haven't tried again on other android devices, but last time I checked the same issue was there as well.

Edited by igorwulff, 18 April 2020 - 11:29 AM.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:19 AM

Hi Luke,

Yes, and I've kept my Android app and Emby server uptodate with the various beta releases.

However I do have one bit of success! A video *.avi file got succesfully downloaded from my "Home video's & foto's" library type.

It is just non-video files, like e-books and image files that won't start downloading. I've tried removing them from the queue various times and having a clean slate and waiting a long time for a download to happen. But without success... I haven't tried again on other android devices, but last time I checked the same issue was there as well.

We're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

#9 igorwulff OFFLINE  

igorwulff

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

Hi Luke,

I now notice downloads are started for e-books since the last beta android app release I think? 

Not sure the exact version, but it is from the update I got on the 7th of May 2020.

But the e-book library is not turning up under Downloads, even though e-books were downloaded various times and across various days even.

Photo's are downloading now as well for the "Home video's & foto's" library type. But when I try to open the images in the download tab of Emby, it stays stuck on loading.

So something is still going wrong with it.

Edited by igorwulff, 14 May 2020 - 03:29 PM.

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:58 PM

Thanks. Yea we still have more work to do regarding these other content types. We'll get there. Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, e-book, image, 4.4.0.26-beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users