Refresh rate change stuck after playback stops

Milldor

Milldor

When using the refresh rate change option in theater the video playback is nice and smooth and works as expected.

When the video ends the refresh rate should return to to what it was before starting the video. Currently the refresh rate stays at the playback refresh rate and I'm force to go into display properties or nvidia control panel to change it back.

Is there a known bug that causes this or a fix?

AdrianW

Same thing started happening to me. 

ET switches to the correct refresh rate on playback, but does not switch back when playback stops. Which leaves me at 24Hz or 25Hz depending on what I played last.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

AdrianW

It's actually not that annoying (for me at least). The only issue is the slightly less smooth UI, but the upside is if I watch a bunch of 24Hz episodes there's no refresh rates changes at all.

• Like 1

lifespeed

I'm seeing this problem too, after playing 24FPS video it doesn't switch back to 60FPS.

• 1 month later...
BalenoMan

I'm getting the same issue as well. Also when I exit ET the refresh rate stays at 24Hz in Windows desktop. Have to manually change back to 60Hz.

• 3 weeks later...
Maisy

I only recently noticed this happening for me on my desktop. It never seemed to happen before last week, or I just never ran into the problem for other reasons.  IDK. My resolution is stuck on 23hz refresh and I have to manually set it back to 60hz for anything else to feel right.

• 4 weeks later...
Maisy

I hope something is in the works for this, I'm still encountering the problem. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this will be resolved with the next update to the app. Thanks.

• Like 1

Maisy

I sure hope that (release) is soon. Thanks for working on it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Popeye2468

ok on latest version of emby theater (could not find a beta version) and my issue is that it changes the refresh rate when i watch something but does not change it back when i finish, i searched through here and a few people have had this issue, there was one post saying that it had been fixed in the next update???

can anyone point me to a working version of emby theater that does indeed change the refresh rate properly?

i tried the store version but t wont connect to my server something to do with it being on the same machine however the fix for this, the loopback utility is outdated and not acually downloadable

if someone could tell me how to get this feature working that would be great, or is this just one of those features that is "being looked at" lol

2 hours ago, Popeye2468 said:

why has this been moved here? is it an ongoing issue? no fix available?

I've merged your posting into another topic that is discussing the same issue. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Popeye2468

as the title says has emby theater been fixed yet

the main issue im asking about is refresh rate changing,

it changes refresh rate but does not change it back

Yes, thank you for this update information. I have only beem watching Netflix on my pc since this problem started, for the most part. I'm happy to wait for the fix if it'll come sooner than later, but knowing there is a test out there if I feel like it I can try makes me all the more happy.