Options For Artists / Albums With No MusicBrainz ID?

dbowles1975

dbowles1975

I have a fairly extensive library of pretty obscure music that I have converted from LPs and EPs. Most of the artists do not have listings on MusicBrainz or AudioDB (but most do on Discogs). I did go through the trouble to properly tag everything with mp3tag but I didn't take the time to add everything to MusicBrainz. I see that Emby now has a Last.fm plugin but I assume that uses the MusicBrainz ID tag to look up the artist / album information. Is this correct? If so, short of doing all of this manually, are there any other options I should consider? I know there's a browser extension that can partially automate adding artists from Discogs to MusicBrainz but it's still really time consuming when you have over 520 artists in your library. Is anyone working on a Discogs plugin or has Emby considered adding it as a source? 

Edited by dbowles1975

PenkethBoy

mp3tag has a discogs option to add metadata

under the action menu

plus there are web scripts available on the mp3tag forum which IIRC can do extar things over the defaults etc

dbowles1975

mp3tag has a discogs option to add metadata

under the action menu

plus there are web scripts available on the mp3tag forum which IIRC can do extar things over the defaults etc

Yeah, but even Discogs is lacking in metadata for a lot of this stuff... but at least the artists / albums are there. Last.fm seems to be the most comprehensive database for the type of music in my library but getting that information into Emby is where I'm struggling. 

PenkethBoy

(but most do on Discogs)

working on a Discogs plugin or has Emby considered adding it as a source? 

and now

Last.fm seems to be the most comprehensive database 

????

dbowles1975

(but most do on Discogs)

working on a Discogs plugin or has Emby considered adding it as a source? 

and now

Last.fm seems to be the most comprehensive database 

????

Could you try to form a complete sentence or learn to use the quote function properly? I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say here. 

dbowles1975

you are contradicting yourself!

No... you're just not comprehending what I'm saying. I cannot get metadata from MusicBrainz OR Discogs but I could get metadata from Last.fm. Emby uses MusicBrainz IDs to match artists at Last.fm but since I can't get MusicBrainz IDs (without creating them myself) that doesn't work for me. If they could use Discog IDs to match artists at Last.fm (either natively or via plugin) then I could get metadata from Last.fm. That's why I asked the ******* question. I'm not contradicting myself. You just lack basic comprehension skills. Edited by CBers

jachin99

Well guys when I have that issue I just manually input the metadata and find a generic artist or cd image for whatever coverart I need. I'm sure you have already considered that but it is still an option

dbowles1975

Well guys when I have that issue I just manually input the metadata and find a generic artist or cd image for whatever coverart I need. I'm sure you have already considered that but it is still an option

That's what I've been doing and most of those images are coming from Last.fm. That's why I was curious if there were an easier way seeing as how Emby can already pull those images.

PenkethBoy

No... you're just not comprehending what I'm saying. I cannot get metadata from MusicBrainz OR Discogs but I could get metadata from Last.fm. Emby uses MusicBrainz IDs to match artists at Last.fm but since I can't get MusicBrainz IDs (without creating them myself) that doesn't work for me. If they could use Discog IDs to match artists at Last.fm (either natively or via plugin) then I could get metadata from Last.fm. That's why I asked the ******* question. I'm not contradicting myself. You just lack basic comprehension skills.

Conderseding,snide and swearing in a public forum - each to their own.

Comprehension skill are fine by they way, thanks for asking.

Edited by CBers

CBers

No... you're just not comprehending what I'm saying. I cannot get metadata from MusicBrainz OR Discogs but I could get metadata from Last.fm. Emby uses MusicBrainz IDs to match artists at Last.fm but since I can't get MusicBrainz IDs (without creating them myself) that doesn't work for me. If they could use Discog IDs to match artists at Last.fm (either natively or via plugin) then I could get metadata from Last.fm. That's why I asked the ******* question. I'm not contradicting myself. You just lack basic comprehension skills.

Watch the language please @@dbowles1975.

kikinjo

audiodb scraper does not show anything, i see on the web page images and all, but when u try to scrape it, nothing. For example band " Suede" (UK)

jachin99

You might also look at something that has a bigger focus on music for tagging.  If I had this problem more often I would look at JRiver or some of its alternatives but those also cost money.  

dbowles1975

audiodb scraper does not show anything, i see on the web page images and all, but when u try to scrape it, nothing. For example band " Suede" (UK)

Same here. I have resorted to adding the images manually but that is quickly getting old.

dbowles1975

My music is tagged, issue is picking up art and identifying.

Mine is tagged as well. I even went so far as to import from Discogs into MusicBrainz so that everything in my library has a MusicBrainz tag. I'm still having to add images manually because Emby doesn't find them even though they exist on last.fm. 

kikinjo

Mine is tagged as well. I even went so far as to import from Discogs into MusicBrainz so that everything in my library has a MusicBrainz tag. I'm still having to add images manually because Emby doesn't find them even though they exist on last.fm. 

Audiodb plugin seems completly broken, i have tried several artists that all have art, neither one of them was picked up. Musicbrainz is working but there art is missing greatly and it is not of use much in terms of art while for

identifiy purpise is good.

We need something that works for music, and does not require manual interventions, no point if u have even small / medium music library.

• 3 months later...

Anyone make any progress on this? metadata is fine but lots of art not being imported by emby for some reason?