Need help with my hardware/server or maybe need budget hardware for emby server?

usesembyalot

usesembyalot

I have a Macbook Pro 15" for mid 2012 with 16GB RAM. Whenever I run emby server the fans kick in 100% and never stop while emby server is running. 

First question: Is this normal? 

PS: I am not running anything else. Just vanilla Mac OS Catalina with no added software running at startup. 

The fans are so loud that it is not fun watching a movie while laptop is in the same room. There is also some issues with streaming to TV where the movie just freezes and I wait 5-15 seconds till it starts playing again. Network is no issue as far as I can tell. Both TV and laptop are close to the router (15 feet) and both on 5ghz. 

IF this is just the way it is because I have old hardware and need something better, can you please point me to a budget setup that I can buy? 

thanks

Whenever I run emby server the fans kick in 100% and never stop while emby server is running. 

Hi, it really depends on what the server is doing. I have a 4-5 year old macbook air that I use for testing and I don't see this with that, although granted a 2012 model is a bit older.

Can you attach an Emby Server log from the time that this happened? Thanks.

usesembyalot

Thank you Luke and Mastrmind11.

Let me look into transcoding first and see if I still have an issue.