Auto Box Sets > How to change collection metadata path?

Drazgo

Drazgo

Hi All,

So previously I was manually building the folder structure with as Collections but kept it in the movie folders.  

i.e.

Let Me In

Lethal Weapon Collection [boxsets]

Life As We Know It

Lifted

Little Children

Major League Collection [boxsets]

etc

However, Auto Boxsets plugin removes this manual requirement, I can just have movies listed out in the movie folder.  For example, if I have all of the Men in Black movies in their individual Men in Black 1, 2, 3 (respectively) folders... Auto Boxsets logically groups these movies as a collection for you.

So here is my problem.  Auto Box Set plugin is working correctly, but it is creating the folders and metadata (backgrounds) on my C:\ drive which is a big no no.  C:\ drive is my OS/Fast App drive so I don't want things like metadata to be stored there.

Under Metadata manager I can see Collections but no option for me to edit the path and assign it to a data drive.  Is this possible?  How can I change this path?  I want to change the path prior to removing my manual folder structure and allowing the plugin to group things logically.  

Also, the old structure and Auto Boxsets work together only through the browser interface.  If you pull collections up under a device (IOS, Android, Roku) only collections grouped by Auto Boxsets show.  So basically, you have to configure your library to only use the Auto Boxsets functionality if you want device access.

Thanks!

Draz

This actually isn't related to the plug-in but, rather, the built-in collection support in the server.  I don't think the data path for these items is currently configurable but they shouldn't be taking up much space at all.

All collections created by either auto box sets or using the web interface, will be accessible via 'Collections' in any client.  It would just be old-fashioned manual collections that wouldn't.  This method of creating them is being phased out.

Drazgo

Hi Ebr,

My only concern is that I am running MB3 off of an ssd drive... with over 2000 movies... even 20% of them being collections kind of concerns me.  And as far as the future, what if collections are added for other area like music? :)

I have no problem switching to the new format, I'd just prefer to direct the Collection path/metadata myself if possible.

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Draz

audigy

by the way in the latest dev version no collection folders are shown in the web client there is a folder in the media server data  but nothing is showing in the web client.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
th3sarg

Sorry to revive a old thread but I am looking to move my collections folder also.

I can't seem to find an option to change the collection path, is this an available option?

th3sarg

I have moved away from MetaBrowser as it seems to be dead and started using Emby fully for metadata.

Currently I have all my content on D:\Emby\metadata but the boxsets/collections I am creating currently store in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections

Just wondered if it was possible to change this path as well

Edited by th3sarg

Ok, no, there is currently no explicit setting to change that. Sorry to hear about Metabrowser.

• Like 1

th3sarg

Ok, no, there is currently no explicit setting to change that. Sorry to hear about Metabrowser.

Ahh OK no problems, yea bit of a shame about MetaBrowser.

Thanks for the quick response btw Luke :)