Plugin and Application Update Fail

chuckr1958

chuckr1958

Everything was working fine, and I noticed a few days ago that there were alerts, and all of them indicating that the check for application updates failed, and the check for the plugin updates failed.  It used to work because I remember seeing the updates.  Where do I start to look?  

Hi.  The only instance of that task in those logs was successful.

Perhaps there was just a temporary network disruption for you...?

Happy2Play

You have to remember the update task run on a interval and does not fail at all intervals.  So you would have to determine what your server was doing at the time it failed.

Application update interval every 12 hours and on startup (4.3)

Plugins update interval every 3 hours and on startup

So you have to look at the Date and Time it last failed.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

OT: Is there a reason to change Application update interval from 12 hours to 1 hour in 4.4?

chuckr1958

Thank you for looking into the issue.  I guess having the alerts remain on the dashboard is a little misleading.  If the time of the check passes and is successful, maybe the alert should clear off the dashboard.  Or maybe have a "successful check" alert so the administrator knows it is working.  But thanks again for the check. 

Happy2Play

Yes there have been requests of Alert acknowledgement to remove items from Dashboard-Alerts.  As of right now there is a display limit and remain visible for I believe 7 days.