Ytrailers not working?

Allan Cameron

dcol

when version changes, it is likey the dev will have to adapt with an update. This is why I don,t use it anymore. Too unreliable

radeon

Supporting release versions isn't unreliable at all.l, It's common sense. I've used it constantly on my daily emby server and it works great. As new versions of emby come out with breaking changes due to dependency changes, I release new versions. Nothing unreliable about that at all

dcol

unreliable was wrong term. Works fine when updated, but when Emby does an automatic update is when ytrailers has issues. And the fact that it doesn,t work with the beta makes ytrailers not usable for many Emby users. There should be a disclaimer on the purchase of ytrailers.

radeon

I should add a disclaimer which states that my software might not work with software which is beta? That's like adding a disclaimer on a packet of nuts stating that it may contain nuts. 🤦

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcol said:

And the fact that it doesn,t work with the beta makes ytrailers not usable for many Emby users. There should be a disclaimer on the purchase of ytrailers.

Probably not a bad thing as the other software to fetch theme video and song do work with beta version. :)

dcol
21 minutes ago, radeon said:

I should add a disclaimer which states that my software might not work with software which is beta? That's like adding a disclaimer on a packet of nuts stating that it may contain nuts. 🤦

Funny, but ytrailers does not work with beta and users are buying it thinking it does. No one buys a bag of nuts thinking it is not nuts.

radeon

But you're using beta software thinking it will work normally. Nobody who uses beta software who actually knows what beta means thinks it will work normally at all times.

Do I also need a disclaimer to point out it's not compatible with toast or cannot be fed to goats as a food substitute? 🤣🤣

Emby beta has all the disclaimer it needs, that's not my fault. 

"Important: As with any pre-release software, you may experience decreased stability, degraded performance, or other various issues. Please participate if you'd like to help test and refine. If you're just trying to get early feature access, you may find yourself disappointed if things aren't working correctly during the pre-release period."

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

dcol

You really didn't get the point. Ytrailers should not be in the plugin list in the beta, nor should any other plugins that may not work. IMO. I was just responding to another user who just purchased ytrailers thinking it was going to work. Using the beta, then seeing the list of available plugins is a bit misleading.

roaku
18 minutes ago, dcol said:

You really didn't get the point. Ytrailers should not be in the plugin list in the beta, nor should any other plugins that may not work. IMO. I was just responding to another user who just purchased ytrailers thinking it was going to work. Using the beta, then seeing the list of available plugins is a bit misleading.

People that shouldn't be running beta versions shouldn't run beta versions.

• Like 2

dcol

Right, ytrailers is not in the available plugin list, so I guess it is just buyer beware and do the research. I don,t use that plugin ever since I found out it is not recommended with the beta.

BillOatman
21 hours ago, dcol said:

unreliable was wrong term. Works fine when updated, but when Emby does an automatic update is when ytrailers has issues. And the fact that it doesn,t work with the beta makes ytrailers not usable for many Emby users. There should be a disclaimer on the purchase of ytrailers.

21 hours ago, cayars said:

Probably not a bad thing as the other software to fetch theme video and song do work with beta version. :)

Depending upon what changes between Emby versions, any and all plugins are probably susceptible to not working with betas.  This one is no different.  Anyone running beta software as their primary platform is opening themselves up for this problem.  IMO rather that every plugin stating somewhere that it may not work with Emby betas, it would probably make more sense for Emby to state that running betas could cause issues with some or all plugins (assuming it doesn't already).  But also IMO it would be prudent for commercial plugin authors to state this also as a caveat emptor before they pay. 

But at the same time Plugins that have been accepted to the catalog probably should kept up to date during betas as well to guarantee they work for releases. 

I guess it could go both ways depending on view. :)

• Thanks 1

roaku
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

But at the same time Plugins that have been accepted to the catalog probably should kept up to date during betas as well to guarantee they work for releases. 

I guess it could go both ways depending on view. :)

That's not feasible for plugin developers.

Emby developers aren't even guaranteeing *Emby* will work on a beta version.

There's no way for plugin developers to keep up with the pace of change, preserve backwards compatibility, etc.

Again, it comes down to people that shouldn't be running betas shouldn't run betas.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Happy2Play

We have already seen multiple plugin devs stats they will not keep plugins updated with the breaking changes in beta branch.  And will only update plugin once for the release branch.  They do not want to maintain two separate plugin releases and I can see their point of view.

So all beta users should expect issues with everything in Beta especially third party plugin.  So a Emby Notice.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

I definitely agree with the last 2 posts very much. Ideally when the server beta is close to release status and it's in the final round of little fixes that would be a great time for 3rd party devs to get their plugins ready/tested since a new release in immanent.

dcol

As long as al the plugins that come standard with the beta work, I'm happy. Especially the metadata plugins.

6 hours ago, radeon said:

It's beta, nothing is guaranteed to work. That's the point! 🤦

And that about sums it up. :)

• 2 weeks later...
adminExitium

Still seeing the same error that was reported earlier in the thread on 4.6.3.0:

2021-06-23 17:08:58.712 Info App: YTrailers Registration Status - Registered?: True
2021-06-23 17:08:58.713 Error App: YTrailers - Error
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.6.3.0
        Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restarte
xitcode 3
        Operating system: Linux version 5.12.12-xanmod1 (root@mascote) (gcc-11 (Debian 11.1.0-3) 11.1.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #0~git202106
18.55f4c4f SMP PRE
        Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /config
        Application path: /app/emby
        System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaUrl[] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entiti
es.BaseItem.get_RemoteTrailers()'.
           at YTrailers.Search.YouTubeSearch.Search(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
           at YTrailers.Search.YouTubeSearch.Search(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at YTrailers.Search.LocalYTrailersVideoDownloader.GetYTrailerVideoUrl(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at YTrailers.Search.LocalYTrailersVideoDownloader.DownloadYTrailerForItem(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ILibraryManager libra
ryManager)
        Source: test
        TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

radeon

I'm away at the min so will have to look properly when I'm back but you'll need to post a full fresh log with it having run. Pm it over to prevent any sensitive data being shown and make sure debug logging is enabled. 

adminExitium

There's nothing more in the log. The scheduled task for the plugin starts and stops immediately with that error. The runtime is barely 4 seconds.

radeon
Just now, adminExitium said:

There's nothing more in the log. The scheduled task for the plugin starts and stops immediately with that error. The runtime is barely 4 seconds.

There are various things in the log that I'll look at like its initial initialisation at startup

JavierMrtnz

I just downloaded and bought a license and I am having the same issue:

2021-06-19 13:31:22.318 Info App: YTrailers Registration Status - Registered?: False - Too few parameters set

The solution has not being posted. Can you help to get it fixed?