plaidstallion
1 minute ago, radeon said:

So another bloody beta basically! 🤦🤦😂😂😂

I didn't think about that before! haha. An nfo is an nfo right? lol

• Haha 1

plaidstallion
2 minutes ago, radeon said:

Would you mind posting your nfo for The Endless to pastebin or something? I can try populating it into my entry and scan with Emby again to see what happens.

radeon
2 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

Would you mind posting your nfo for The Endless to pastebin or something? I can try populating it into my entry and scan with Emby again to see what happens.

That's what I mean tho, I don't have any as I don't have emby or radarr creating them. My emby just generates it's data and stores it in the db. I can kick it into generating one of you want but I'm not sure it'll help. 

For now, why don't you just turn off all radarr emby and Kodi metadata stuff. Delete all your local metadata for that movie.

Run a fill library scan, then go into the web UI and tell emby to refresh the metadata, then try the plugin scheduled task/check out your db and see how the URLs look 

• Like 1

CBers
7 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

I mean, if I don't need to I won't as Radarr is doing it I just wasnt' sure if Emby needed to be creating an nfo for the plugin to work properly

Don't enable any metadata options with Radarr (or Sonarr), as they're not needed, with Emby doing it for you and then just enable the nfo option within Emby. 

7 minutes ago, radeon said:

Yes, but it's not a problem, if you don't enable metadata options. 

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

That is the thing thought, Emby write the same in nfo but database has different.  From a Emby metadata only standpoint so from a third party standpoint something else is happening.

emby.thumb.jpg.7093589433b56c40a7065f83b400722f.jpg

@Lukefrom a import standpoint should Emby import the plugin:// url from the nfo as shown here?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

plaidstallion
13 minutes ago, radeon said:

That's what I mean tho, I don't have any as I don't have emby or radarr creating them. My emby just generates it's data and stores it in the db. I can kick it into generating one of you want but I'm not sure it'll help. 

For now, why don't you just turn off all radarr emby and Kodi metadata stuff. Delete all your local metadata for that movie.

Run a fill library scan, then go into the web UI and tell emby to refresh the metadata, then try the plugin scheduled task/check out your db and see how the URLs look 

Ok I will try to run through that tomorrow and report back. Thanks for all the help.

It definitely seems to be something about how the DB is being populated as the movies the plugin does try to pull the trailers for start with like TMDB ... and then some other text before the link

image.thumb.png.d212f7625e17a863bc56e8d6e8b3c499.png

whereas the ones that the plugin doesn't see look like this:

image.png.130c32572007f19bd4e24944d8924ea6.png

Edited by plaidstallion
  • Like 1

plaidstallion
9 minutes ago, CBers said:

Don't enable any metadata options with Radarr (or Sonarr), as they're not needed, with Emby doing it for you and then just enable the nfo option within Emby. 

Yes, but it's not a problem, if you don't enable metadata options. 

So delete all the metadata and remove the move then put it back and scan it into Emby and look at the DB again?

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

So delete all the metadata and remove the move then put it back and scan it into Emby and look at the DB again?

That would validate if everything comes from Emby it works.

plaidstallion

Ok WTH. I turned off all metadata collection for Radarr. Removed the movie then did a scan in Emby to get rid of it. I then had Radarr import the movie again without adding any metadata. I then did a Replace Metadata >> Search for Missing Metadata in Emby then did a scan and a new nfo showed up next to the file ...and a trailer.

image.thumb.png.8f44e9a200f24889b5d5b9d886ad01e4.png

I don't get what the difference is or why it all worked before. 

image.png.741d108f97ac1e75c6fbaeb5ef02b376.png

I need to figure out how to get the fanart and poster and all that stuff now though. Hold over from my XBMC days and liking to have all the metadata live in the same folder as the movie.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

I need to figure out how to get the fanart and poster and all that stuff now though. Hold over from my XBMC days and liking to have all the metadata live in the same folder as the movie.

Go to Dashboard-Library, select specific library click the Show Advanced setting switch and scroll down to your image option and ensure you have enabled save with media and download in advanced.

plaidstallion

15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Go to Dashboard-Library, select specific library click the Show Advanced setting switch and scroll down to your image option and ensure you have enabled save with media and download in advanced.

Abso-freaking-lutely perfect. Thank you @radeon, @Happy2Play and the others who contributed. It would be cool to know why it doesn't work any more in the configuration I had been using since I started with the plugin but whatever, I will take it. This will probably even work out better as Emby allows for per library language specification for metadata.

This is a beautiful  sight knowing that it happened automatically:
image.png.8da1645a8c0a6c00e541a752d12b2f9e.png

Edited by plaidstallion
  • Like 1

radeon
13 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

Abso-freaking-lutely perfect. Thank you @radeon, @Happy2Play and the others who contributed. It would be cool to know why it doesn't work any more in the configuration I had been using since I started with the plugin but whatever, I will take it. This will probably even work out better as Emby allows for per library language specification for metadata.

This is a beautiful  sight knowing that it happened automatically:
image.png.8da1645a8c0a6c00e541a752d12b2f9e.png

Sweet! That's nice to see! Glad we got you there in the end. Like you say, some questions still to be answered but that's good progress! 

• 1 month later...
plaidstallion

Is the plugin not working again?

Edit: NM. Possible ffalse alarm. Two imported movies, one grabbed the trailer the other didn't. Will keep watching it.

Edited by plaidstallion

dcol

Using the stable version of Emby and Ytrailers still throws a ton of errors in the log. But seems to be working somewhat for me. It likes to error over and over again on the same movies saying file exists. Duh.

• 2 weeks later...
dcol

This is common, I don't even use it anymore because it throws constant errors. Usually on the same movies over and over again. And this is on the stable Emby. This plugin needs a redo.

I use Media Center Master to fetch my trailers and it never needs updates or checks the same movies twice, so it can be done. It uses the same technique of looking for the trailer URL's in nfo's and XML's with lots of extra features like manually pulling in trailers from IMDB ID's or YouTube and the ability to control the resolution. Also you can set the libraries you want included. Also, you can use Emby beta because it is not dependent on Emby to run. Downside is you need MCM pro to get trailers, but YTrailers isn't free either.

Edited by dcol

radeon

I'm lost, I don't get many issues at all. I catch most of the issues and throw them to debug which if you have turned off then you wouldn't be getting them. The only ones that throw real errors are reported as errors. 

You can't really have it both ways. I feel like you're just going to hate it whatever it does and I can't really help that. 

Im off grid until next week but it's currently running fine for me.

5 minutes ago, dcol said:

This is common, I don't even use it anymore because it throws constant errors. Usually on the same movies over and over again. And this is on the stable Emby. This plugin needs a redo.

I use Media Center Master to fetch my trailers and it never needs updates or checks the same movies twice, so it can be done. It uses the same technique of looking for the trailer URL's in nfo's and XML's with lots of extra features like manually pulling in trailers from IMDB ID's or YouTube and the ability to control the resolution. Also you can set the libraries you want included. Also, you can use Emby beta because it is not dependent on Emby to run. Downside is you need MCM pro to get trailers, but YTrailers isn't free either.

plaidstallion
On 4/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, dcol said:

Looks like Media Center Master needs to run on Windows. Yucky. I need something that will run on my headless server and if it doesn't have a WebUI, that I would be able to run it in a container and VNC to that.

Edited by plaidstallion

• 2 months later...
blackstar88

ust payd for the ytrailers put it in to the pluggin folder on my nas 918+ running emby from there and no trailers downloading  ive put the license in ofc and rebooted ofc ... its working theme videos tv& movies but ytrailer... nothing... running latest beta on emby...

blackstar88

1 minute ago, dcol said:

ytrailers does not work in the beta version of Emby

how do i get it to work then?

blackstar88
Just now, dcol said:

use the stable version, or get MediaCenterMaster

ty will look in to the mediacentermaytrster... since emby sometimes dosent trow me the trailer on some giving me error. wanted to try out ytrailer... but will ytrailer work on next stable emby?