Ytrailers not working?

Allan Cameron

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, plaidstallion said:

I am just not sure how to check that DB and it was working fine before the last version of the plugin broke.

Just make a copy of your library.db and use any database viewer.  Look at the MediaItems table.

plaidstallion
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Just make a copy of your library.db and use any database viewer.  Look at the MediaItems table.

image.thumb.png.923e94ad5201a14354700371fb20c862.png

plaidstallion

But like here is one where it does try to download a trailer for even though there is already one there:
image.thumb.png.3c0bf8b2749291c086c13131edbf883b.png
Definitely looks different and more like the example from before but I have no idea why.

Edited by plaidstallion

radeon

Actually plugin.video.youtube is Kodi so I presume Kodi is overwriting your metadata which won't work with the ytrailers plugin 

plaidstallion
1 minute ago, radeon said:

Actually plugin.video.youtube is Kodi so I presume Kodi is overwriting your metadata which won't work with the ytrailers plugin 

That is probably a setting in Radarr. Let me check that out.

radeon
Just now, plaidstallion said:

That is probably a setting in Radarr. Let me check that out.

Ok, might be getting somewhere then. 

Assuming radarr or Kodi is writing to your NFO and emby is sucking it in. The URL is malformed and not a real URL so the plugin will fail to download 

plaidstallion
2 minutes ago, radeon said:

I don't have radarr writing a movie.nfo file

I switched on the Emby (Legacy) and it wrote an xml file but it's really condensed and no reference to a trailer in there.

image.thumb.png.7ea4204f8294d14384be4fc78eda46d2.png

Edited by plaidstallion

plaidstallion
8 minutes ago, radeon said:

Would it not even try to pull anything or show any log entries for the movie whatsoever though? I have other movies with that URL of plugin.video.youtube that it tries to pull trailers for and even succeeds for some.

radeon

I switched on the Emby (Legacy) and it wrote an xml file but it's really condensed and no reference to a trailer in there.

image.thumb.png.7ea4204f8294d14384be4fc78eda46d2.png

Use Kodi/emby but just switch off the movie.nfo write. delete the movie.nfo then perhaps go into the movie and refresh the metadata so it downloads a fresh set. 

Happy2Play

5 minutes ago, radeon said:

Assuming radarr or Kodi is writing to your NFO and emby is sucking it in. The URL is malformed and not a real URL so the plugin will fail to download 

Could this plugin parse this plugin format and just use the Youtubeid? 

radeon

Would it not even try to pull anything or show any log entries for the movie whatsoever though? I have other movies with that URL of plugin.video.youtube that it tries to pull trailers for and even succeeds for some.

Well it takes the whole URL string so plugin.video.youtube wouldn't resolve so I can't see how it would be able to succeed unless there is also other normal URLs in the metadata. I'm not looking at the code at the min but I think it loops through until it finds a successful URL or runs out of options

radeon
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Could this plugin parse this plugin format and just use the Youtubeid? 

Yeah, can't see why not. I'd just check what the start of the string is and work out which way to go from then. 

I just like emby being in charge of my metadata so dont really feed any into it and it never really fails me so not had a need or even come across this issue before 

Edited by radeon

plaidstallion
1 minute ago, radeon said:

Use Kodi/emby but just switch off the movie.nfo write. delete the movie.nfo then perhaps go into the movie and refresh the metadata so it downloads a fresh set. 

image.png.1e26fa55507487ec289ac3a236102c86.png

image.thumb.png.5adaac146da1bc56968524fbff12081b.png

That was generated by Radarr after making the changes. Emby wouldn't pull down any data to put next to the files on its own.

radeon
49 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

This needs to be checked for the library? 
image.png.afadc9a7ebb2ce230a528e62d497ba4b.png

I guess you'd need to enable that if you want emby outputting metadata

plaidstallion

I wonder if my version of Radarr is doing something different with the nfo's it produces since that I am running on nightly.

image.png.b581e1d176235eb5466bb53672047183.png

radeon
2 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

image.png.1e26fa55507487ec289ac3a236102c86.png

image.thumb.png.5adaac146da1bc56968524fbff12081b.png

That was generated by Radarr after making the changes. Emby wouldn't pull down any data to put next to the files on its own.

Emby doesn't store it along side the files unless you tell it to but we want it to update the database with the correct URLs so it outputting to any files doesn't matter

• Like 1

plaidstallion
Just now, radeon said:

I guess you'd need to enable that if you want emby outputting metadata

I mean, if I don't need to I won't as Radarr is doing it I just wasnt' sure if Emby needed to be creating an nfo for the plugin to work properly

radeon

I wonder if my version of Radarr is doing something different with the nfo's it produces since that I am running on nightly.

image.png.b581e1d176235eb5466bb53672047183.png

So another bloody beta basically! 🤦🤦😂😂😂

radeon

I mean, if I don't need to I won't as Radarr is doing it I just wasnt' sure if Emby needed to be creating an nfo for the plugin to work properly

I doubt that would actually matter. Like I say, I don't use radarr to supply metadata to to emby at all. Emby just managed its own and works fine for me