Ytrailers not working?

Allan Cameron

Happy2Play

This plugin will read the database.  The trailer node from nfo should be populating the database info.  If it is not in the database the plugin can not do anything.

urls.thumb.jpg.1eaa3cd6aaa9685043e8d79334867486.jpg

• Like 1

Would be nice to have the trailer in the metadata GUI so you can manually add it and quickly see if it exists.

Edited by dcol

18 minutes ago, dcol said:

I was under the assumption from past posts that it was youtube changing things not Emby.

Why have you decided that only one of those things can happen?

• Like 1

radeon

I've just added a fake "the endless" movie to my library, let emby do its thing and a couple of mins later the trailer was automatically downloaded. Do you have emby creating your metadata or radarr? Emby also needs to have the tmdb metadata provider enabled for your movies 

image.png.29b826787749e3c407608df089f76f19.png

Edited by radeon

Because when I mentioned it in the past the response was that YouTube changed something. No one ever responded to me about the beta issue before today.

plaidstallion
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This plugin will read the database.  The trailer node from nfo should be populating the database info.  If it is not in the database the plugin can not do anything.

urls.thumb.jpg.1eaa3cd6aaa9685043e8d79334867486.jpg

I don't know how to get that DB view you have in the top part of the picture but the thing is I have put in several high profile movies in the past days since putting in the new plugin and nothing is downloading, unfortunately.

radeon
2 minutes ago, dcol said:

Would be nice to have the trailer in the metadata GUI so you can manually add it and quickly see if it exists.

That would be one for emby core, not this plugin

plaidstallion
1 minute ago, radeon said:

I've just added a fake "the endless" movie to my library, let emby do its thing and a couple of mins later the trailer was automatically downloaded. Do you have emby creating your metadata or radarr? Emby also needs to have the imdb metadata provider enabled for your movies 

image.png.29b826787749e3c407608df089f76f19.png

I believe only Radarr is creating the movie.nfo. I will dig around a bit.

radeon
3 minutes ago, dcol said:

Because when I mentioned it in the past the response was that YouTube changed something. No one ever responded to me about the beta issue before today.

because the error you had before related t a change to the plugin, the new error you posted related to a missing assembly because you were running beta. With the greatest of respect, and i do genuinely mean that, if you can't interpret the errors in your logs then you really shouldn't be using beta. 

Edited by radeon

radeon
1 minute ago, plaidstallion said:

sorry, typo there in my post, should have put tmdb NOT imdb

4 minutes ago, dcol said:

You showed an error message *today* that indicated a beta incompatibility.

That doesn't mean that YouTube api changes haven't broken things in the past, present, or won't again on the future.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, radeon said:

because the error you had before related t a change to the plugin, the new error you posted related to a missing assembly because you were running beta. With the greatest of respect, and i do genuinely mean that, if you can't interpret the errors in your logs then you really should be using beta. 

Just sayin', today was the first time that came out. I have been using ytrailers with the beta for a while and it was never a 'beta' issue until today. So I guess I shouldn't be using any third party plugins with the beta.

Edited by dcol
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

That could be it also as there is a difference of not used written metadata.  Emby could write but never read specific nodes.  So a question for a server dev would be is the trailer node read on import from existing metadata?

Do you have Emby metadata providers enable or just having Emby attempt to read provided metadata from 3rd party?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

radeon
1 minute ago, dcol said:

Just sayin', today was the first time that came out. I have been using ytrailers with the beta for a while and it was never a 'beta' issue until today.

maybe, but thats the point of beta, they change stuff all of the time, some are breaking changes to other plugins. You being unable to read the error had you jumping all over how useless the plugin was yet it had nothing to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, dcol said:

Just sayin', today was the first time that came out. I have been using ytrailers with the beta for a while and it was never a 'beta' issue until today.

Again, there can be more than one thing wrong at a time.

One of your problems is/was running a release compatible plugin within an Emby beta.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

radeon
Just now, plaidstallion said:

That I had checked already.

see @Happy2Play's response, at a guess, it sounds to me like it's your radarr creating half baked metadata that could be causing it

Happy2Play

The server should tell you when it breaks a plugin assume correct info is in the plugin itself.  See log files.  Might be more behind the scenes from Luke though with this example.

example

2021-02-10 07:08:33.449 Info App: Not loading PeopleBackup.dll 1.4.1.0 because the minimum supported version is 1.5.0. Please update to the newer version

Edited by Happy2Play

plaidstallion
1 minute ago, radeon said:

see @Happy2Play's response, at a guess, it sounds to me like it's your radarr creating half baked metadata that could be causing it

I am just not sure how to check that DB and it was working fine before the last version of the plugin broke.

Does explain why I have had constant issues with this plugin. Never occurred to me before or mentioned. But in fact this plugin should NOT be used with the beta version.

3 minutes ago, dcol said:

Does explain why I have had constant issues with this plugin. Never occurred to me before or mentioned. But in fact this plugin should NOT be used with the beta version.

You understand that even the core functionality of Emby might not work in a beta?

How can you expect *more* stability from a plugin running inside that experiment than its host promises?

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

radeon
3 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

I am just not sure how to check that DB and it was working fine before the last version of the plugin broke.

like I say, that example film you listed has just downloaded a trailer absolutely fine for me. It seems to me that your emby isnt pulling down the tmdb data for some reason. I could release a version with some extra debug to log all trailers listed against a given movie perhaps. that would at least show you if the trailer data is in the db or not