Ytrailers not working?

Allan Cameron

radeon
12 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

I run stable (latest) official docker container and having issues too. I haven't combed the logs yet.

So do I on Windows and it's running fine for me 

I installed ytrailers on my stable Emby syatem. The libraries are on a network share.

Does a library scan invoke ytrailers to get trailers? I don't see it doing anything in the logs and I do have some missing trailers.

plaidstallion
4 minutes ago, dcol said:

I installed ytrailers on my stable Emby syatem. The libraries are on a network share.

Does a library scan invoke ytrailers to get trailers? I don't see it doing anything in the logs and I do have some missing trailers.

I was wondering the same thing. What triggers the request for a trailer for a new movie?

radeon

The new item entry point will pickup new items and prompt download if a trailer exists within your tmdb metadata.

Or just run the scheduled task 

Ok, the scheduled task seems to work. Not triggered with library scan. I assume it has to be a new item with a trailer listed in the tmdb.

By the way, I did not see any ytrailers errors in the log. That's a good thing.

Edited by dcol

radeon

How could I ever support beta when it's a ever changing platform? I'd just appreciate a little less of a go when you're not using release versions of software.

"It's generally safe to download and test beta software, but be sure that you understand the risks that come with it. Remember that the program or website, or whatever it is that you're beta testing, is in the beta stage for a reason: the bugs need to be identified so that they can be fixed" 

• Like 2

plaidstallion
13 minutes ago, radeon said:

The new item entry point will pickup new items and prompt download if a trailer exists within your tmdb metadata.

Or just run the scheduled task 

So I ran the scheduled task and it's not showing any logs for a movie that just got scanned in to Emby. I do have some successes and failures for other older movies though.

radeon
Just now, plaidstallion said:

So I ran the scheduled task and it's not showing any logs for a movie that just got scanned in to Emby. I do have some successes and failures for other older movies though.

Depends if a trailer is listed as available within your tmdb movie data within your library 

plaidstallion
Just now, Happy2Play said:

I don't know. That was just an example of a movie being scanned in that neither downloaded a trailer automatically or with a scheduled task and there are no logs with the word "Endless" after turning on debugging.

Happy2Play
Just now, plaidstallion said:

I don't know. That was just an example of a movie being scanned in that neither downloaded a trailer automatically or with a scheduled task and there are no logs with the word "Endless" after turning on debugging.

The plugin will read the database for these item you add to your libraries.  If Emby does not have the trailer url from TMDB the the plugin can not provide you anything.

Since Emby does not expose this field in the UI you have to look at the nfo file created assuming you write nfo files.  If you do not the only way to know would be looking in the library.db directly.

• Thanks 1

radeon
2 minutes ago, plaidstallion said:

Sounds like the metadata can't be there then. If it was, you'd at least see an attempt in the logs for a download assuming a trailer exists for it within that tmdb data 

plaidstallion
1 minute ago, radeon said:

Sounds like the metadata can't be there then. If it was, you'd at least see an attempt in the logs for a download assuming a trailer exists for it within that tmdb data 

All my movies have a movie.nfo that gets populated and lives alongside my videos. That should suffice right?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, dcol said:

I have noticed times when the trailer was listed in the XML, but not the nfo. Not sure why that happens

So the real question is does this actually exist in your database?  And is that a proper url in the xml?  But specific example and logs would be needed.

• Thanks 1

plaidstallion

Here is a snippet from the nfo

<plot>Two brothers return to the cult they fled from years ago to discover that the group's beliefs may be more sane than they once thought.</plot>
  <tagline />
  <runtime>112</runtime>
  <thumb aspect="poster" preview="https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/49sb3kEZplzudQBhJDSt0mNJm4V.jpg">https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/49sb3kEZplzudQBhJDSt0mNJm4V.jpg</thumb>
  <fanart>
    <thumb preview="https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/zX0pEwk0zDnS85Nxl1hI6h6dfFu.jpg">https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/zX0pEwk0zDnS85Nxl1hI6h6dfFu.jpg</thumb>
  </fanart>
  <mpaa>NR</mpaa>
  <playcount />
  <lastplayed />
  <id>430231</id>
  <uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">430231</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="imdb">tt3986820</uniqueid>
  <genre>Science Fiction</genre>
  <genre>Horror</genre>
  <genre>Thriller</genre>
  <country />
  <credits>Justin Benson</credits>
  <director>Aaron Moorhead</director>
  <director>Justin Benson</director>
  <premiered>2018-04-06</premiered>
  <year>2018</year>
  <studio>Snowfort Pictures</studio>
  <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=qMHpWCN0byw</trailer>

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, plaidstallion said:

All my movies have a movie.nfo that gets populated and lives alongside my videos. That should suffice right?

Yes assuming the trailer url is returned from the api and written in that nfo file.

plaidstallion
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

So the real question is does this actually exist in your database?  And is that a proper url in the xml?  But specific example and logs would be needed.

No logs to provide. Nothing shows up.

radeon
1 minute ago, plaidstallion said:

See @Happy2Play response above also. It doesn't use those files for the plugin, it uses the data stored in the db. If emby is creating those files then it should give an indication as to it having the URL

plaidstallion
4 minutes ago, radeon said:

See @Happy2Play response above also. It doesn't use those files for the plugin, it uses the data stored in the db. If emby is creating those files then it should give an indication as to it having the URL

I don't mean to be dense but I'm not really sure where to go from here. Since I started using this plugin I have been doing the same thing, letting Radarr move things in and then Emby scans it a few seconds later and it shows up. When this plugin was working properly the trailer would auto download or at the very least i could run a scheduled task and it would download. I have changed nothing in my process but the plugin doesn't *seem* to be working now. I am not sure how to look into Emby's db and I'm not sure what would have changed from when this plugin worked before that i would need to now.

Edited by plaidstallion