Ytrailers not working?

Allan Cameron

That may be the issue. I had it set to trigger every 2 hours. Changed it to once a day.

But it does seem to retry the same movies that don't have any trailers. Most of these are classic pre-1930 movies. I wish I could select which libraries or folders to check. Ideally I want to only check movies made after 2000. Trailers before that are usually not very good anyway.

Edited by dcol

radeon
2 minutes ago, dcol said:

That may be the issue. I had it set to trigger every 2 hours. Changed it to once a day.

But it does seem to retry the same movies that don't have any trailers. Most of these are classic pre-1930 movies. I wish I could select which libraries or folders to check.

Yeah, that'll likely be it.

As for retries, If they don't have a youtube trailer listed against their metadata then it won't do anything and just skip it. 

radeon

The only reason it'd be stuck on anything is if a given trailer has been removed for copyright reasons from YouTube or the video isn't available in your country. 

Probably best to just remove the trailer tag from the nfo or xml. Some movies have an xml and nfo, which does ytrailers look at?

What I meant by dummy trailer is to have a zero byte file like moviename-trailer.mp4

radeon

Neither, it uses the data stored within your emby stored info in the db. I presume if you delete from the UI of the movie then it'll remove from the corresponding metadata files you uses too. 

The trailer data is not in the metadata UI. I just looked at the logs and noticed another error for a trailer that already has a trailer since May for that title. Why would it be trying to fetch a trailer that already exists? Seems to be the same 50 or so videos every day and they all have trailers.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, dcol said:

The trailer data is not in the metadata UI. I just looked at the logs and noticed another error for a trailer that already has a trailer since May for that title. Why would it be trying to fetch a trailer that already exists? Seems to be the same 50 or so videos every day and they all have trailers.

To me that would suggest the database is not updated to show a local trailer vs a online trailer url.

Most of these issues are in a different folder organization. I have a folder named Stand Up and within that folder is a folder named Specials. I put all the videos in there as artistname_showname.mp4. All of these have trailers and error every day with ytrailers. Could the way I setup these videos be a reason?

Edited by dcol

Happy2Play
Just now, dcol said:

So how do I update the database. Is the UI suppose to show the trailer url?

No it has been requested for the trailer url to be added but has never happened.

5 minutes ago, dcol said:

Most of these issues are in a different folder organization. I have a folder named Stand Up and within that folder is a folder named Specials. I put all the videos in there as artistname_showname.mp4. All of these have trailers and error every day with ytrailers. Could the way I setup these videos be a reason?

To me this would be expected if you are not following expected structure.

The structure seems fine, but the file names are unique to other folders such as movies.

What are the recommendations for correct structure? Here is an example how it is setup now

Stand Up>Specials>Jerry Seinfeld_23 Hours to Kill (2020).mp4

Should I use something like this. Seems there would be no Season or Special folder needed for Emby. The library type is Movies.

Stand Up>Jerry Seinfeld>23 Hours to Kill (2020).mp4

or change the library type to TV Shows and then use this for all the videos

Stand Up>Specials>Jerry Seinfeld_23 Hours to Kill (2020).mp4

Edited by dcol

ytrailers is still not working. Gets errors for every movie it tries.

Here is a sample of the error in the log. I have dozens of them for every new movie.

2020-12-12 02:00:03.300 Error App: Error downloading trailer for Mickey's Christmas Carol
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.0.7
    Command line: C:\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 16
    Data path: C:\Emby\programdata
    Application path: C:\Emby\system
    System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'str')
       at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Unescape(String str)
       at VideoLibrary.YouTube.ParseVideos(String source)+MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.TryGetFirst(Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at YTrailers.Search.YouTubeSearch.Search(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Text.RegularExpressions
    TargetSite: System.String Unescape(System.String)

Any suggestions on what to try?

radeon

That's not the same error as before. Looks like they've changed their site again. Will need a fix and release. May take a little while for the fix to be released, just bear with me for a little.

Edited by radeon

By the way, @radeon I just realized the YTrailer key appears in the log, which I have posted many times for diagnostic purposes. I am sure it has been circulated by now. Do I need a new one maybe?

radeon
7 minutes ago, dcol said:

By the way, @radeon I just realized the YTrailer key appears in the log, which I have posted many times for diagnostic purposes. I am sure it has been circulated by now. Do I need a new one maybe?

It's tied to your instance and can't be used again

1 hour ago, radeon said:

It's tied to your instance and can't be used again

What do you consider 'instance' I plan to change the OS on that system from Windows server to Windows 10 and copy Emby back to it this month. Same hardware. Will the key still work?

• 2 weeks later...
radeon

Fraid not. I'm waiting on a update to the youtube lib used to generate the download link. As soon as that's done, I'll be able to release.

• 2 weeks later...

Until this gets resolved I have to disable ytrailers because of all the errors it creates. I assume the best way to do this is to delete the ytrailer scheduled task. Is this the best way to disable it, or do I need to remove the plugin?

Thanks, replaced the dll with the new one.

Did notice that ytrailers throws an error when trailer is not available now. Is that normal? Here is an example

2021-01-02 11:28:44.498 Error App: Error downloading trailer for Beautiful Stranger
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.0.10
    Command line: N:\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: N:/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 16
    Data path: N:\Emby\programdata
    Application path: N:\Emby\system
    VideoLibrary.Exceptions.UnavailableStreamException: VideoLibrary.Exceptions.UnavailableStreamException: Video has unavailable stream.
       at VideoLibrary.YouTube.ParseVideos(String source)+MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.TryGetFirst(Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at YTrailers.Search.YouTubeSearch.Search(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: test
    TargetSite: Boolean MoveNext()