Premiere Licenses and how they work

JasonNalley

JasonNalley

Can you spin up a temporary no license, no media Emby server that they can use to purchase the unlock? Then you wouldn't have to alter your full-time server.

I'm not sure, I haven't attempted to run a secondary Emby Server from the same machine.  With Plex it wasn't possible, is it possible with Emby?  at the moment, I am doing as ebr requested and just seeing where the chips land.  I have about 1/3 of them added and still no warning.  The rest of them are moving slowly.  Coronavirus has shifted some priorities for people (oddly enough), so I imagine over the next 2 weeks I'll get the rest of them added.  

Q-Droid

I'm not sure, I haven't attempted to run a secondary Emby Server from the same machine.  With Plex it wasn't possible, is it possible with Emby?  at the moment, I am doing as ebr requested and just seeing where the chips land.  I have about 1/3 of them added and still no warning.  The rest of them are moving slowly.  Coronavirus has shifted some priorities for people (oddly enough), so I imagine over the next 2 weeks I'll get the rest of them added.  

Should be able to run more than one if using VM or containers without too much effort. I don't know what kind of contortions you need for running multiple Emby servers in a single OS image but if you already have a 1/3 of your users handled then you might as well continue with your current plan.

rbjtech

Just run the 'portable version' in a separate directory each time and use a different port and you can run as many instances as your hardware allows - no need for VM's or containers. 

neik

Just run the 'portable version' in a separate directory each time and use a different port and you can run as many instances as your hardware allows - no need for VM's or containers.

Ohh interesting, didn't know that.

I'm running a Linux machine and if I got you right it would be able to run two different versions (stable & beta) of Emby, correct?

Happy2Play

Ohh interesting, didn't know that.

I'm running a Linux machine and if I got you right it would be able to run two different versions (stable & beta) of Emby, correct?

I could be wrong but I believe only Windows has portable version.

• Like 1

@@Luke, is it possible to run two versions (stable / beta) of Emby on Linux in parallel?

Not currently. no. Well actually yes, if one of them is with Docker.

• Like 1