Synology 1019+ 4K HEVC Problem

Robert_84

Ok so essentially it looks like we're trying to direct play something to the Samsung TV that it can't handle, when we should be transcoding it.

@SamES

SamES

Can you please try the latest Beta version on USB (version 1.0.82).  It should already be resolved in this version.

Robert_84

Hi,

latest is 83, but the problem is not resolved!

still 4K transcoding 1080p is not working

but now logs are there, with 83, there is progress

image.JPG

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-57d6f3bd-c0f1-46ff-a6be-9ddec169f2fd_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6c21dbfc-8551-4c2a-b5fe-452882ebc9b2_1.txt

Edited by Robert_84
update 1

9 hours ago, Robert_84 said:

si with 83, there is improvement

So it is right now, it is transcoding 4K to 1080 automatically?

Robert_84

Hi, no. There is sound but no image. I already attached logs above!

Improvement is usually better but not "resolved", maybe just if you check last 3-4 posts

It's good now that you are getting transcoding, that was what I was expecting from .83.

Just so that we are only testing one thing at a time, can you please turn off subtitles on the Details screen, then start playback from the beginning of the file.

If that does not work, then please also do a test with Hardware acceleration off

OK, I think I know what's going on here.  I'm not aware of anyone trying to transcode 4K content on a 1080 model in the past, so this has not really been tried before, but it should work fine.   There was more than one thing that needed to be fixed for this, so hopefully the next USB release should resolve this.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

Robert_84

hi, thx for the update, I hope it will be resolved.... im only skeptical how no one tried to transcode 4K material on a Full HD TV..... maybe many users are using Emby on a PC... or just laptop...

I'm not sure if there were many models that were only FHD in the Tizen series.  Maybe a few in 2017 and 2018, but that's it as far as I know

FrostByte

Samsung also made an evolution kit for 2012 and 2015 Orsay premium sets to upgrade to 2018 Tizen.   Most of those were FHD.  Wasn't worth the $300 US for me though, but I believe I saw a couple people post they had one.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:31 PM, FrostByte said:

Samsung also made an evolution kit for 2012 and 2015 Orsay premium sets to upgrade to 2018 Tizen.   Most of those were FHD.  Wasn't worth the $300 US for me though, but I believe I saw a couple people post they had one.

I was thinking about that for a 75" I had but decided I got a lot more for the money picking up a Shield TV to use with it. :)

• Like 1