Synology 1019+ 4K HEVC Problem

Robert_84

Robert_84

If U wish I believe Ur in Germany I also. I can give U team viewer to my PC there U can do it realtime

Apologies for replying late.

The transocding log looks good and transcoding has been running for 1 minute only.

What client app are you using to play back when you're encountering problems?

Do you see the same problem when you play from a web browser?

Robert_84

Hi,

Client app??? On Samsung TV I can only install Emby Theater app!?

From a Web browser?

from a TV or my PC, Every PC in the house is capable to "transcode" 4K by himself including my Another Samsung TV KS8009, there Always 4K content was working fine.

I need to say before my Emby Server was "custom" Windows 10 PC, i5 46xxx series I dont know exact CPU + 16GB ram + integrated CPU.

The same TV was not able to Run 4K material at the time also.... This is the reason I migrated to this Synology 1019+ solution.

I might install Theater on something simple maybe Samsung S7 or Iphone 6+ to test it, but I believe all those devices can transcode by themselves

It was always on this TV the same, I can chose 4K content to play, then "loading" ring spins and after 30 sec screen is only black, after I need to exit emby becasue I cant open menu or anything else, so APP is frozen.

Only when I exit and enter again can I chose another movie to watch. But on a 4k material entire app freezes.

So if App on Samsung UE43M5670 TV is only "playing" video material and Server is doing everything, and Server is 1019+ officially supported "transcending". Also are logs capable to catch everything ?!

Edited by Robert_84

Client app??? On Samsung TV I can only install Emby Theater app!?

I've been confused because you had written "Synology Theater" and the log didn't indicate the client type and version.

That's why I thought you might be running something else on your Synology.

From a Web browser?

from a TV or my PC, Every PC in the house is capable to "transcode" 4K by himself including my Another Samsung TV KS8009, there Always 4K content was working fine.

I need to say before my Emby Server way "custom" Windows 10 PC, i5 46xxx series I dont know now exact CPU + 16GB ram + integrated CPU. And the same TV was not able to Run 4K material at the time also....

This is the reason I migrated to this Synology 1019+ solution.

I might install Theater on something simple maybe Samsung S7 or Iphone 6+ to test it, but I believe all those devices can transcode by themselves

Clients do decoding. Only the server does transcode (which means 'decode' plus 're-encode').

In a web browser, you can force the server to transcode by choosing a lower bandwidth during playback.

BTW, you can do the same in the TV app and that would be a good idea to test.

Most likely, it's one of the two which is not able to keep up: either the Synology or the TV.

You can test whether the TV is the problem by reducing the playback bandwidth while playing on the TV.

For side of the Synology, I can only say that the transcode log looks good, otherwise I'm not really familiar with it. Does it provide any kind of system monitor where you can watch the CPU and storage load while playing? That information would be helpful as well.

Regards,

softworkz

Robert_84

Ill try to do what is necessary but now I need to leave for work.

It is pain in the ass but is there is a improvement it is useful.

We can only try to find out what's causing the pain...

Let us know about your findings once you got time!

Robert_84

hi

I tried everything I could

Bandwidth change, video quality, home network quality. still the same. I also seen there was just now again new server upgrade 4.4.201 or something like this

Only what I seen Synology CPU and RAM activity while reproducing goes at the beginning to 14% then falls to 0 or 1%.

Only what I can is to install Plex, pay one moth sub and test transcending. What I dont like is becasue I have Emby premiere 

P.S.

I seen many complain how transcending was broken after certain emby 4.4xxxx upgrade many have problems with the same, is there way I can download somewhere few older versions and test it then?

Edited by Robert_84

Robert_84

5e8f77f0ea0c7_Capture.jpg

Plex working just fine so it is not related to the Synology or the TV is the Emby problem

Edited by Robert_84
  • Like 1

We'd need to look at a specific case. Ideally using a web browser like Chrome and playing with reduced bandwidth to enforce the server to transcode.

From that situation I would need an ffmpeg log to diagnose.

Thanks for your patience!

softworkz

Robert_84

Hi, sorry I believe I was patient regarding this issue, now I just changed my media server.

I deleted Emby from my Nas and I not using it anymore as a media server. So I cant create the logs.

Lg.

Hi, sorry I believe I was patient regarding this issue, now I just changed my media server.

I deleted Emby from my Nas and I not using it anymore as a media server. So I cant create the logs.

Lg.

Hi, if you don't mind re-installing we're happy to work with you and help you resolve this.

Robert_84

Hi, no for me now it is a waste of time. 

I was waiting on a new version as told. And it was not resolved. I done what was asked. 

Again I say whatever I do "by" Chrome theater is working fine also on 4K TV.

Bandwidth change did not change anything. So I just migrated to another platform.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Robert_84

Here are the logs I have.

Again Plex is working fine as before.

I live in germany Hamburg. If you wish we can arrange an teamviever appointment. I give  you have access and do whatever U wish to do, maybe this would be the best.

So again.

My TV KS8009 - any user - no problem

My PC - Ryzen 1700/16gb/1070GTX - any user - no problem - Chrome

Synology direct - any user - no problem

Only this devie is having problems with all users.

Strange while As U can see above in posts Plex is working fine. There is also file tipe

problematic device.JPG

embyserver-63734342400.txt hardware_detection-63734337825.txt embyserver-63734337719.txt

1 hour ago, Robert_84 said:

Here are the logs I have.

Again Plex is working fine as before.

I live in germany Hamburg. If you wish we can arrange an teamviever appointment. I give  you have access and do whatever U wish to do, maybe this would be the best.

So again.

My TV KS8009 - any user - no problem

My PC - Ryzen 1700/16gb/1070GTX - any user - no problem - Chrome

Synology direct - any user - no problem

Only this devie is having problems with all users.

Strange while As U can see above in posts Plex is working fine. There is also file tipe

problematic device.JPG

embyserver-63734342400.txt 124.34 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63734337825.txt 164.9 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63734337719.txt 892.56 kB · 0 downloads

When you say "this device" what device do you mean? Your server log doesn't contain any video playback activity. Can you please play something where you expect hardware acceleration to be used, then provide the emby server and ffmpeg logs? Thanks.

Robert_84

Hi, EU43M5670 is a problem, FFMPEG is no created.... 

I can start Same godzilla film like "before" I tested and nothing will play. Give me one min Illl do it now.

Robert_84

No log U wish

Only logs I have available!

Again as I say on Plex everything is working ok by default!

To me looks like whe ni start 4k material transcode does not start at all...

as you see the user who started it, content on the menu is empty. Also Circle on the "TV" only spins for 4-5 times and then nothing screen is black, and I can only go "back" or exit emby

Capture.JPG

Test.JPG

tr.JPG

embyserver.txt

Test 2.JPG

Edited by Robert_84
update 1