Synology 1019+ 4K HEVC Problem

Robert_84

Robert_84

Hi,

just got new 1019+ but I still cant make any 4K HEVC movie to play on my sons 1080p Samsung TV...

Was hoping Ill replace my custom W10 NAS but I haven't seen any improvement with Sinology 1019+, also application is extreme slow compared with 8+ years old i5 PC

Is there anything I can do to check what is going on with hardware acceleration, I do have Premier subscription

thx

I tried with Hardware full on auto, and advanced only as settings above on the image

HEVC but the file will not play

AD_embyserver.zip

AD_HW detected.zip

Embyserver.zip

Edited by Robert_84

Robert_84

Images, the image is just black.... on the TV. Nothing is happening :)

I have image from settings, I tried with all options ON but later I only changed to what is on the image

TV model

Samsung UE43M5670

So when I chose 4K video the "loading gear" spins few times and then the image is black. I waited some time but nothing happened...

picture is just black 

5e68103f350df_20200310_230927.png

log.zip

Ok, we're about to release Emby Server 4.4 which has numerous improvements to hevc hardware transcoding, so stay tuned for that.

Robert_84

I hope it will be in next 30 days, because I purchase this from Amazon just for this sole purpose to play trans code videos... It will be stupid to go with alternative when I already have paid the subscription and everything

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the 4.4 release is starting to roll out so it should be available for Synology any day now. thanks.

Robert_84

I have message to visit package center becasue new software version is available, but I cant find anywhere 4.4 to update, every after uninstall and install Im still on 4.3

Auto update is enabled.... should I just wait? 

Seger

Ich habe die Nachricht, das Paketcenter zu besuchen, da eine neue Softwareversion verfügbar ist, aber ich kann nirgendwo 4.4 zum Aktualisieren finden, jedes Mal nach der Deinstallation und Installation bin ich noch auf 4.3

Die automatische Aktualisierung ist aktiviert. Soll ich einfach warten? 

@@Robert_84 yes, please just wait (2 days usually) - until the update is pushed in Synology Catalog.

@@Luke can you please take the topic again in todo. The users keep asking questions during the 2 days and are of course a bit insecure about what's wrong with the system.

Maybe we'll pin this topic in the Synology section.
Edited by Seger

Robert_84

Hi, so when will the update be pushed!?!?

This is  a new way for me how someone is "distributed" with message new update available go and download but after 3 days still there is no update

Also U guys should add option to disable update search in Theater for Samsung tv becasue it is annoying with the message new update available or make the update process easier then to every time stick USB into the TV

Is there a change we will have 4.4 on Sinology before cure for Corona is discovered!?

Seger

Hi, so when will the update be pushed!?!?

This is  a new way for me how someone is "distributed" with message new update available go and download but after 3 days still there is no update

Also U guys should add option to disable update search in Theater for Samsung tv becasue it is annoying with the message new update available or make the update process easier then to every time stick USB into the TV

Is there a change we will have 4.4 on Sinology before cure for Corona is discovered!?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83991-44040-not-showing-up-in-package-manager-to-update-server/?p=861443

• 2 weeks later...
Robert_84

Just to confirm on my Synology 1019+ Hardware decoding is not resolved, tomorrow Ill test with more settings but what I see still it is not working

Synology 1019+

and 

Samsung UE43M5670

Synology Emby Server version 4.4.0.40-1

Edited by Robert_84

Robert_84

Is there a chance I can "downgrade" my Emby Server on Synology on version where Hardware acceleration worked, 

I purchased Premiere for this and new Synology NAS 800€ for Something I cant use, sorry guy but this is little bit to much

Robert_84

Ill try, I just "tested" a video and only Embyserver is generated. nothing else.

Also I notice before ffmpeg was not generated that is because I didnt post it.

it was generated but few hours later 

Robert_84

This is a latest log

Im trayng to run it for a user SIN

Server a Synology 1019+

On Samsung UE43M5670, tv

Also

When I try to run 4K file, then synology theater blocks on the same TV, and after 1min I can only exit the application.

On my another 4K tv also Samsung everything is working fine as it did before becasue my 4K tv will transcode the file by itself

log.txt